ZOTAC MAG ION - Anything other than VDPAU works fine VDPAU does not work - XBMC Live
I have been running XBMClive for a while OK, recently tried to get it to talk to my Sony reciever at 1080P instead for 1080I. gave up after a few hours, too hard!

Looking at other posts suggestion was to upgrade the nvidia drivers. The latest drivers installed fine and XBMC boots fine. However using VDPAU as the render method (was set to this under the previous Nvida driver) results in blank or garbled screeen although HDMI Audio (DTS/DD) etc. play perfect against the HD movies in my lan library. Just no video. grabled screen or blank screen randomly. Running any render method other than VDPAU works fine but on 1080P movies impossibel to watch because of how slow they go without the hardware rendering of the ION.

Could not downgrade nvidia driver to the one from ZOTAC as it fails to compile the kernel module when told to do so from the installer and reverts to the currently installed driver. Sytem then restarts fine.

Currently installed driver is Linux-x86/195.36.15/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-195.36.15-pkg1.run direclty from the nvidia site.

This installed perfectly compiled its own kernel module etc. and reading the release notes says it has fixed many VDPAU issues...clearly not for XBMC.

Can anyone advise as to how I might rescue my XBMC installation, or is it a matter of installing from scratch. If so how do I preserve my library information etc. I run XBMC live from a 4GB USB stick and do not use the internal HDD on theZOTAC at all. If I can get this working reliably I will probably remove HDD and re-use elsewhere.

If I use XBMC from windows 7 installed on the HDD, I get 1080P but of couse I have to put up with WINDOZE!!! Really want to use linux if poss, all otehr machines on my lan are Ubuntu.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Spent many hours scouring forums and ended up here.

Thank you in advance to anyone helping.

Cheers
SpartSad
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
Did you install libvdpau ?
It is seperate from nvidia driver file .
It is in the repo .
For me the easiest way is to add the nvidia team ppa
and install drivers from jockey , then install vdpau

Hope this helps
I installed XBMC with the XCI script on my ZOTAC mag. Works good without any problems. Suspend, Remote, VDPAU, HDMI menu sounds, Wireless networking, 1080p. Everything works for me.

A few things required minor tweaks but it all works.
I'm having the same trouble with my XCI script based install on a Asrock ION 330.

How do I check/install libvdpau?
Try "sudo apt-get install libvdpau1 "
Zotac Mag with ubuntu
FishOil Wrote:I installed XBMC with the XCI script on my ZOTAC mag. Works good without any problems. Suspend, Remote, VDPAU, HDMI menu sounds, Wireless networking, 1080p. Everything works for me.

A few things required minor tweaks but it all works.

Can you point me at the script and a how to. Does this mean that I will lose all my library information/config etc. and ahve to start from scratch?

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZOTAC MAG ION - Anything other than VDPAU works fine VDPAU does not work - XBMC Live0