• 4(current)
Xperience1080 (preview & svn)
Quote:had an idea tho.. could you not just run XBMC in 720p if you want Xperience to run well? Or does xperience1080 *only* run in 1080?

I had the same idea the other day, i renamed folder 1080i to 720p and xbmc refused to load it and yes i changed the skin xml to default to 720p still no joy
I'm spent ages resizing all 1920 textures to 1280 which has made a big diference.

I am going to have to learn how to decypher xml so i can have a go at re coding it to 720p though i doubt i will manage it.

It's a shame as the skin really does shine in certain areas, But it's only for the upper
classes with mega quads of cash.

So will go back to using Xperience Beta 2(at least it works 100%) Just not as sexy.
Ps not trying to have a dig at you 1080 boy's and girls:p
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Did you tried just to set xbmc to 720p and not change the skin?
I can't test that myself because I killed my mainboard and have to wait till wednesday till the new one arrives.
DDS support will help this soon enough.
PantsOnFire Wrote:You may not want to go into detail (because I think you've decided to not use Xperience), but which bits are too slow for you? I have the same PC and for me, the homemenu is fine, music in files mode is fine, pictures mode.. little slower, movies are the slowest part really, and got even slower when the metatag icons were added in later versions. Posterview is quite decent however, tho I choose not to display the fanart to keep the speed up.

But on reflection, I still think Xperience's speed in MyMovies is far preferable to any of the Aeon variations. Tried that Aeon Showmix the other day, eesh, someone took Aeon and made it crapper-looking! Oo

I still keep going back to MediaStream tho... you can't beat the speed.

Can't wait to see some interesting music viewtypes in Xperience Smile

had an idea tho.. could you not just run XBMC in 720p if you want Xperience to run well? Or does xperience1080 *only* run in 1080?

(I set my thumbquality to 512 in advancedsettings.xml)

Other ppl talk about downsizing their fanart/posterarts, but for me that's way too much involvement.

Well, I compare the smoothness to Xperience 720P (which is very smooth, much better then Aeon). I just feel that there is some delay when scrolling in a filelist for example. The blue glow goes first, and a few moments later I see the name. It bugs me. Also, the scrolling isn't that smooth when having Fanart on. Settings panel also has some delay.

I disabled all the animations, but that didn't help. The Asrock ION 330 just isn't right for the skin. I already overclocked it to 1.8ghz btw, just not enough.
D0nR0sa Wrote:Did you tried just to set xbmc to 720p and not change the skin?
I can't test that myself because I killed my mainboard and have to wait till wednesday till the new one arrives.
No joy my only display setting within xbmc is 1368x768 which is my tv's default resolution, so the only solution is a rewrite of all the screen coordinates, which is what i have been trying to do all day and i finally threw the towel in with it.
will stick with beta2 at least that supports us peasants who can't afford big shiny new 1080 lcds or plasmas:eek2::mad:
Dannydeman have you tried overclocking it to 2.1 ghz as also try resizing all 1920x1080 textures to 1280x720 this should help a bit
Overclocked it to 1.9 once, but it became very unstable (random lockups). So I stick with 1.8. Resizing the textures is kinda what Xperience Beta Bravo is Smile
Hitcher Wrote:DDS support will help this soon enough.

Yes that should help. But the problem is not only the cpu but also the gpu... the onboard gpu's like nvidia 9300 are too slow for my mod. It's usable but especially some animations are not smooth. Therefore DDS won't help that much. But it's great anyway, can't wait to test it out if it's fully working (currently it's not working very good ^^) since I'm using 530x795px covers and also with a decent pc it can get a little bit slow especially in the wall view.
Dannydeman Wrote:Well, I compare the smoothness to Xperience 720P (which is very smooth, much better then Aeon). I just feel that there is some delay when scrolling in a filelist for example. The blue glow goes first, and a few moments later I see the name. It bugs me. Also, the scrolling isn't that smooth when having Fanart on. Settings panel also has some delay.

I disabled all the animations, but that didn't help. The Asrock ION 330 just isn't right for the skin. I already overclocked it to 1.8ghz btw, just not enough.

What OS are you using? If you're on windows 7:
Try to disable the aero theme. This raised the fps from 48 to 60 (in my case).
If I disable the Aero theme, XBMC gets very choppy and DXVA doesn't work at all. Never disable the Aero theme if you like HW video decoding or any other DirectX application. It's the way MS made it..
On Windwos also try to use fullscreen window instead of true fullscreen, it's faster. But the problem with fullscreen window is the tearing you get when playing videos then. Enabling VSync only on video playback should help also because you have either 60fps if your system can manage >=60fps all the time or you get 30fps also if you could have 50fps.
Seriously people! You shouldn't have to adjust 'this' and 'that' in order to use a skin. Xperience 720p works great out of the box and doesn't require shit for modification to your system in order to run it.

Xperience 1080p is not meant for your average users PC. If you don't have a 'super PC' such as the few users who can actually handle this mod, then I suggest you stop turning your systems in and out just to run it.
I agree with that Smile But I noticed that the Apple TV 3.0 skin will also come in 1080p by default, if I'm not mistaken (announced today in the skin-dev-forum)
I think there should be guidelines by the XBMC team. They should do something about this 1080p-default stuff, because many people just can't handle it on their small, silent, cheap ION systems.

If it comes as second/mod version, it's fine. But to earn a subforum for a skin, you need to have a 720p version atleast. I think that'll help Wink
A lot of skins actually use 1080p textures and 720p code (because it's scaled by XBMC when running at 1080p anyway) - Aeon and Alaska certainly do.
This runs perfectly fine on my Revo 1600 (1GB RAM). I do use DDS fanart though.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xperience1080 (preview & svn)1