Various plugins failing while polling online locations
Hello all, I recently installed xbmc as a standalone media server on an older PC and I'm loving it. However I run into a problem when trying to use plugins which for one reason or another, poll online locations for data.

What happens is that I will click on an option within the plugin to get a list of something (Plugins to install, videos to see etc), the loading bar will appear for a few seconds, load to 5% or so and then close while a pop-up message will appear on the bottom right telling me (eg) "Script Failed!:XBMC Zone Installer".

The funny thing is that some options of the plugin will work, while others won't. For example in the case of the XBMC Zone installer, "Programs" would work but "Videos" didn't. Also even more weird is that later on, the "Videos" option started working.

I also saw the same situation on GametrailersHD.

OTOH, the SVN Repo Installer did not fail but was very slow as in this bug. I don't know if this is related but it could be.

I've checked the logs but they don't really make any sense to me. This is a log example of the relevant trail while this script failure is happening. I checked online and in the fora but couldn't find any solutions myself I'm afraid. I suspect some kind of network issue but that's about it.

At the moment I've got the workaround with the SVN Repo plugin and the switching between console and xserver, but it's very suboptimal.

The system is running on Ubuntu 9.10 on a wired LAN going via DD-WRT router. It has an Nvidia 6600 in case that makes a difference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Various plugins failing while polling online locations0