Acer revo 3610 - Ubuntu XBMC - video problems (lines middle of the screen)
I recently purchased an Acer revo 3610, after my friend at work recommended.

We both seem to have run into the exact same problem.
Our systems are running Ubuntu 64 bit, with sound through HDMI.

The problem is the following: XBMC runs the video's (besides MKV files) super smoothe. However in the middle of the screen there appears lines, especially when there is panning and a lot of motion in the video.

I tested with a "live concert 1080p" video file and when the white-flashes appear in the video, the lines (multiple) are so clear and it ruins the experience and video.

My friend has the exact same problem, he's testet his setup on a Samsung plasma 58”, and I have tested on a Sony Bravia 46" TV.

I have tried setting XBMC manually with 50, 51, 52..... 60 Hz.
In Ubuntu, I have manually set the refresh rate to 60 Hz.
The lines are still there when playing a video in XBMC.

I have tried edditing the configuration file, with several different setups (which people have testet with), and the problem is still there.

I even tried turning off the audio completely in XBMC and ubuntu, to see if it was som lag/delay issue that made the video "jiggy".

Any suggestions please?
This could be "tearing" try going into the video set up and setting sync to display to on.
edz2k9 Wrote:This could be "tearing" try going into the video set up and setting sync to display to on.

Hi there. I have tried that.. with on and off, the lines still appear at the center of the screen... Its really strange.

For example in Windows 7, with media player classic, there are no lines, but when there is motion in the movie, the picture lags a little.

In Xbmc in Ubuntu, there's no video lag, but when there's motion those lines appear at the center of the screen.
Disable the desktop effects in gnome.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Disable the desktop effects in gnome.

God bless you man!!!

If Jesus was an Ubuntu user, he'd be you
dcdemon Wrote:God bless you man!!!

If Jesus was an Ubuntu user, he'd be you

I guess this worked, because I had the same problem. It seems indeed that at first you need to force Ubuntu the 60Hz setting (by the way, how did you do this?), but this gnome suggestion is totally new, will try that. How can you change this?
flexmens Wrote:I guess this worked, because I had the same problem. It seems indeed that at first you need to force Ubuntu the 60Hz setting (by the way, how did you do this?), but this gnome suggestion is totally new, will try that. How can you change this?

My XBMC always says 159 Hz (though i believe that is because it for some reason cant right 60Hz)..

I got it working, and it picture runs smoothe,

I only have one small problem.
Youtube HD Video's lag.. does anyone know how to enable
Hardware acceration on Firefox, when using ubuntu?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer revo 3610 - Ubuntu XBMC - video problems (lines middle of the screen)0