• 48(current)
2 XBMC PCs and 1 Database on the shared NAS
First, thanks to this thread I have finally got rid of my friggin annoying recentlyadded.py error that has plagued me since moving to a mysql database. Finding the complete collation etc string seems to have fixed it, and my test setup is working correctly.

Now to the secondary issue, I would prefer not to lose my 'watched' markers from my real db. I had changed its collation etc but that hasn't helped.
So does anyone have any idea how to either rescue the not 100% working db or copy over just the watched status data from old db to the new db.

Again, thanks to all posters in this thread, small annoyance, big headache...
a.
--------
Win/ATV2/RaspBMC | MySQL | XBMC
art76 Wrote:First, thanks to this thread I have finally got rid of my friggin annoying recentlyadded.py error that has plagued me since moving to a mysql database. Finding the complete collation etc string seems to have fixed it, and my test setup is working correctly.

Now to the secondary issue, I would prefer not to lose my 'watched' markers from my real db. I had changed its collation etc but that hasn't helped.
So does anyone have any idea how to either rescue the not 100% working db or copy over just the watched status data from old db to the new db.

Again, thanks to all posters in this thread, small annoyance, big headache...
I have the same recentlyadded.py problem.... What was the fix exactly?

For keeping the watched statuses, see this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97056
or this more detailed guide: http://www.technazgul.com/2011/02/how-to...while.html
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
bradvido88 Wrote:I have the same recentlyadded.py problem.... What was the fix exactly?

It seems if you create your mysql db via the command line (or MySQL Workbench) using lifehackers instructions it will set the Collation to 'latin1 - default collation' where it needs to be set to 'latin1 - latin1_general_ci'

Originally I had retried with a new db and using the default collation and scraped but still had the recentlyadded.py error, so after finding this thread last night, recreating the db with 'latin1 - latin1_general_ci' and re-scraped and all seems to be working again.

Thanks for the links also, will check them out and hopefully I can save my watched status with that info. Big Grin

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok so after creating my new db, all I had to do to not lose my watched status etc was to Export my old library, change connection string and import again. Took a while on the import but it's all done now and my recentlyadded.py is now working and a nice handy thing to have.

So if anyone else also has their db setup incorrectly, just create a new pair, xbmc_video2, xbmc_music2 using the correct settings 'latin1 - latin1_general_ci'. Then before you touch your advancedsettings.xml do a export from settings-> Video and Music. Now change your advancedsettings.xml to use the new '2' db's. Start xbmc, it will create all the db tables/views, go to settings -> Video and Music and do an Import.

Happy days, well here at least.
a.
--------
Win/ATV2/RaspBMC | MySQL | XBMC
avus m3 Wrote:9) I recommend to make a symlink for the thumbnails, advancesettings.xml, and sources.xml to make sure all pc's are consistent

I've been looking for a complete list of files/folders to create symlinks for, the main three mentioned above make sense, would it also make sense to create symlinks for the following?

addons
favorites.xml
profiles
profiles.xml
guisettings.xml
addon_data
playlists
keymaps
I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this behavior but it bothered me for days. I searched the forums and couldn't find anyone else with similar problems.

When using MySQL any and all remote clients were slow as heck making GUI performance especially poor. This was extremely visible when recentlyadded was used making any activity on the home page almost unusable.

It turns out that MySQL does some name resolution that adds anywhere from 5-10 seconds to each query. You can disable this 'feature' by adding "skip-name-resolve" to the [mysqld] section of the configuration file.

The config is located in /etc/mysql/my.cnf or [MySQL Server Dir]\my.ini depending on your OS.

Restart your MySQL server and everything is all snappy again.
Ok, i get it work with library videos.
BUT, i have big dvb recording collection and those work only fileview-mode.
How i can add non-library videos to mysql database? I really need mark as wached and continue from last point function.
Is there any trick, how to get non-library videos to mysql?
piipes Wrote:Is there any trick, how to get non-library videos to mysql?

the trick is to create an NFO file for each of your dvb recording. ( warning; it can be tedious Oo )
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
piipes Wrote:Ok, i get it work with library videos.
BUT, i have big dvb recording collection and those work only fileview-mode.
How i can add non-library videos to mysql database? I really need mark as wached and continue from last point function.
Mark as watched and continue from last point will work for any video, whether it's in the library or not.
It is keyed on the file itself.
bionic1234 Wrote:I've been looking for a complete list of files/folders to create symlinks for, the main three mentioned above make sense, would it also make sense to create symlinks for the following?

addons
favorites.xml
profiles
profiles.xml
guisettings.xml
addon_data
playlists
keymaps
I use symlinks for
favorites.xml
sources.xml
playlists folder
advancedsettings.xml
thumbnails folder
bookmarks folder

All these work great for me. Others may work too, but i haven't tested
bradvido88 Wrote:Mark as watched and continue from last point will work for any video, whether it's in the library or not.
It is keyed on the file itself.

Yes, but should those move to mysql video database?
piipes Wrote:Yes, but should those move to mysql video database?
If you have XMBC configured to use mysql, it will track all video files in the mysql database.
Doh... Then there is still something wrong.
Only library videos mark as watched work, not file mode.

Edit:
Thanks, i get it work.
I check and mark as watched does not work at all on my server pc.

I remove all XBMC files from my server, and re-install. I don't check, but maybe there was wrong local path in my server.
Or there is left some nightly files, mark as watched do not work with files and nightly builds.
Anyway, thanks for your help, now all works ok.
bradvido88 Wrote:I use symlinks for
favorites.xml
sources.xml
playlists folder
advancedsettings.xml
thumbnails folder
bookmarks folder

All these work great for me. Others may work too, but i haven't tested

Thanks
I've been testing symlinks for addons and addon_data but I am noticing delays and stability issues when video plugins are run.

I was wondering, don't some video plugins use the database/thumbnails folder, and if so could this potentially cause problems later on if addon and addon_data is not shared between XBMC PCs with a single SQL db?
I'm also using a MySQL setup for 2 pc's and a NAS (Conceptronic CH3SNAS) with MySQL installed on it.
I have created .nfo files etc for all my movies & tv shows with sickbeard (and checked if they were correct using ember media manager).
Scraping uses the .nfo files fine according to the logs, but it's still quite slow.

Each tv-show still takes about 3 seconds to add to the DB. The log shows that 99% of that time is spent doing inserts to the DB. has anyone else noticed this and is there any way to speed this up? I know the NAS isn't the fastest sql server in the world, but 3 seconds sounds like a LOT to me for a few inserts Huh
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 XBMC PCs and 1 Database on the shared NAS7