• 49(current)
2 XBMC PCs and 1 Database on the shared NAS
How do you guys deal with XBMC db version changes? I'm kind of stuck. A while back I upgraded my Live to a unstable PPA version (compiled 2/9/11) and the other day, I went to upgrade to the stable 10.1, but when I do, it won't connect to the mysql db and the log says the db is newer than expected. So I then went and grabbed a latest XBMCfreak 10.1 and it says the db is old. I read a bit about this being a problem with the unstable/nightlies, but I didn't know that when I "upgraded". I played hell getting my system back to the 2/9/11 version so my db would work

Have any of you dealt with this? If so, how do you upgrade to a new db version smoothly? I know you can export the to nfo files and re-import that and even keep watched status, but what about the playcount and last watched data? Will that be maintained too? Even if it is, it is still time consuming to re-scan everything into the library again. Is that the only way?
RockDawg Wrote:How do you guys deal with XBMC db version changes? I'm kind of stuck. A while back I upgraded my Live to a unstable PPA version (compiled 2/9/11) and I went to upgrade to the stable 10.1, but when I do, it won't connect to the mysql db and the log says the db is newer than expected. So I then went and grabbed a latest XBMCfreak 10.1 and it says the db is old. I read a bit about this being a problem with the unstable/nightlies, but I didn't know that at the time I "upgraded". I played hell getting my system back to the version I was at before so my db would work

Have any of you dealt with this? If so, how do you upgrade to a new db version smoothly? I know you can export the to nfo files and re-import that and even keep watched status, but what about the playcount and last watched data? Will that be maintained too? Even if it is, it is still time consuming to re-scan everything into the library again. Is that the only way?

strange i do not have this problem? Actually i use one of the latest unstable SVN's and everything goes fine?
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
ringgh0st Wrote:strange i do have this problem? Actually i use one of the latest unstable SVN's and everything goes fine?

If it's working then you're fine. For me, the problem came when I tried to change versions of XBMC
I have mine setup as follows:

Amahi HDA server, with user xbmc granted full permissions from % address to the xbmc_music and xbmc_video databases.

Amahi also acts as the local DHCP/DNS server.

Computers are on a gigabit link to the server.

I have enabled the skip-name-resolve option in my.cnf

Computers all have a common advancedsettings.xml, check library on startup is disabled, and all sources are in smb format (smb://user:pass@host/sharepath/)

I have created the indexes on the SQL tables.

Performance to open the Albums view in library mode is relatively fast, however, opening the artists view takes about 20 seconds.

There are approx 2000 artists.

Running xbmc with debug logging, when it opens the artists view, it specifies that the query takes 15 seconds, however, if I execute the same query to the server (from the same remote computer) using mysql workbench, the query returns in 0.2 seconds.

Library scans also seem nice and fast.

I have also setup the thumbnails dir on the Amahi server, and created symlinks to this on all of the XBMC computers.

I cannot see any reason why the artists view takes so long to load, considering that the server is returning the data very fast when queried directly.

Everything else works wonderfully, although I don't have a huge amount of movies on there yet!.

XBMC computers are Win 7.

Any suggestions?
I know you said you created all the indexes, but I had the same problem as you and it was corrected when I did the following command,

CREATE INDEX test_idx ON song(idAlbum)

My apologies if you've already tried this.
ninjahat Wrote:I know you said you created all the indexes, but I had the same problem as you and it was corrected when I did the following command,

CREATE INDEX test_idx ON song(idAlbum)

My apologies if you've already tried this.

Just tried that, no difference unfortunately. More investigation needed I think!
Hi, can the mysql method support multiple profiles? I.e. I have 2 separate profiles on an htpc, and all media connected through smb on nas. I have just added an appletv2 running xbmc, and i would like to connect it to htpc profiles so i dont need to recreate new local databases.

Thanks!
Has anyone run into issues with duplicate TV and movie entries?

I have XBMC Dharma on two Win7 machines, and all my media files and MySQL running on a Windows Home Server. I've added the media sources to both machines, and over the course of a day or two, duplicates start popping up (IE, the same movie or TV episode is listed twice). It's like one of the machines sees the file and adds it to the library, and then the other machine sees the file, and doesn't realize it's already been added, and adds it again. And, since the library is shared, it then shows it twice. Is there a specific way I should set things up, or is there something I can check to see what's going on?
I can't get it working?!

Whenever I put in the "advancedsettings.xml" file in "%appdata%\XBMC\Userdata" XBMC i just messed up. It takes 5-6 minutes to start, and when startet, the GUI has less than 1 frame per 5. second!! (0,2FPS).

Why? I created the database with the user and everything, and now nothing works...

I did everything according to this guide: LifeHacker

Help!
Sorry guys, I think I know what happened.

I had tried setting the port to 3307 by changing the "my.ini" in "C:\Program Files\MySql Server\"

But after carefully reading, I could see that it was a bit more difficult than that:

Code:
# To install the server as a Windows service manually, execute this in a
# command line shell, e.g.
# mysqld --install MySQLXY --defaults-file="C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server X.Y\my.ini"
#
# And then execute this in a command line shell to start the server, e.g.
# net start MySQLXY

So... with the "defaults-file" which would activate the "my.ini", I guess everything will work. But what exactly does my.ini do? Does it override ALL settings, or just the ones I actually set in that file? F.ex. if I change port, but comment out everything else, would that ONLY change port, and the rest be as before?

EDIT:

Guys - Nevermind.. My brain started working again. Of course "my.ini" is by default the configuratin file mySQL will use. I just noticed that I had only set the client port to 3307, the server side port was still 3306 in my.ini.

So, to other guys with a sloppy brain; you have change the port in TWO places in my.ini.
I got my database working just fine and I have tried many different methods to get my library working but it always stops randomly. I tried the export method from a working xbmc then importing into a fresh install connected to the database. It added almost all my moives but only 300 of over 4000 episodes of my tv shows. Then I tried doing a fresh install connected to a fresh database and adding sources. It added all my tvshows but then when it got to my movies it only added a few then stopped. I removed the source and retried adding it but then it wouldn't scan the source AT ALL anymore. No matter how many times I tried removing the source, finding a different way to add it, it just would not scan the source for new library info. Even worse is everytime I would try to set content on the source it would never save it. Meaning if I set content to movie saved it then it would try to scan and do nothing. Then if I went back to the set content screen it was blanc as in no scrape method selected. WHAT IS CAUSING THIS? These are freshly formatted computers. I am always having issues with xbmc if I use local sources, smb, or mapped drives. It makes no sense.
Now I have done a clean install of xbmc deleted my sql database again made a new one and when I go to add sources it does not scan at all. No scanning what so ever. Even if I did import my library how will this thing ever update my library if it won't ever scanHuh how does this WORK?
Never had such problems, without log its almost not possible to know what your problem is Sad
Alright so after checking out the log file I found some permissions that weren't set correctly on my network. I now have it up and running on 3 computers with a thumbnail share. The only thing not working correctly for me is where I left off playing a video. From the descriptions I read just be setting up the video database and music database it should be able to remember where I left off playing videos across the network. It keeps track of what has been watched but it doesn't remember if I stopped a video halfway through. It doesn't keep track on any of the local machines let alone across the network. Pretty much its as if by starting the database that feature has been turned off. Any thoughts?
Again, its still hard to help without more detailed infos.

All i can say is that XBMC only track the current possition when you hit the STOP button while playong some movie/episode.

I tested resume play right now for you under W7 with an nightly xbmc from 7.16.2011 and it worked this way.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 XBMC PCs and 1 Database on the shared NAS7