• 9(current)
2 XBMC PCs and 1 Database on the shared NAS
rtrimarchi Wrote:Nod
I have replaced the username in the advancedsettings.xml from xbmc to root and it now works....
- It was able to create the database xbmc_video
- was able to import into this db the previoes export from a different PC
Now, going into video, with library mode it gives me all the movies with all the covers, fanarts, descriptions of the movies, etc,etc....but if I press the letter "I" in the keyboard...it does NOTHING Huh
Instead, going into movies with FILE Mode, I get no covers, no info ...no nothing ?
Is it normal ?
You have to define the sources content in filemode.
charrua Wrote:But if that was the problem, he wouldn't be able to access the db as root neither...

@rtrimarchi
From the MySQL command line run:

Code:
SHOW GRANTS FOR xbmc;

then

Code:
SHOW GRANTS FOR root;

and compare which privileges you are missing for user xbmc.
Remember that privileges are assigned per user and host, so you may have privileges for user xbmc to access xbmc db from the localhost (the NAS in your case) but not from your other IPs.

This is what I got for the user xbmc

Code:
mysql> SHOW GRANTS FOR xbmc;
ERROR 1141 (42000): There is no such grant defined for user 'xbmc' on host '%'
mysql>

This is what I got for root
Code:
mysql> SHOW GRANTS FOR root;
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Grants for root@%

|
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, RELOAD, SHUTDOWN, PROCESS,
FILE, REFERENCES, INDEX, ALTER, SHOW DATABASES, SUPER, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES,
LOCK TABLES, EXECUTE, REPLICATION SLAVE, REPLICATION CLIENT, CREATE VIEW, SHOW
VIEW, CREATE ROUTINE, ALTER ROUTINE, CREATE USER ON *.* TO 'root'@'%' IDENTIFIED
BY PASSWORD '*EC4F5173DE994BFEAB7040A4A32B4ED6DE26F6F0' WITH GRANT OPTION |

I have never created the user "xbmc" within mysql Huh
rtrimarchi Wrote:I have never created the user "xbmc" within mysql Huh

That is the problem. Smile
You should create it and then grant the privileges...
do you mean create it in the NAS pc ?

If you mean this, then It was created with full admin priviledges.....

Maybe you mean within mysql... correct ?

If so... how do you create a user within mysql ?
rtrimarchi Wrote:Maybe you mean within mysql... correct ?
If so... how do you create a user within mysql ?
Yes, I mean in MySQL.

Code:
CREATE USER xbmc IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON xbmc_video.* TO xbmc@'%';
Hy all, after one week using mysql i just can say its great Smile
An xbmc database update takes now ~ 2-3 min. (was +15 min with sqlite on each client)
@MrDVD

Do you think you can try to create a short step-by-step guide on how to achive your settings ?

For example, in my case, I have finally been able to put the VIDEO database on the common NAS Server, using mysql.

...but as far as I've seen.... this will help me maintaining ONLY the LIBRARY VIDEO database, and NOT the FILE VIEW database....

I mean,

- If I install a brand new pc and install a brand new xbmc on this pc
, using this method ...... after a CLEAN xbmc install, without doing ANY extra settings mods except the profile.xml mod to let it read the db from the NAS, I GET the LIBRARY MODE fully working and all the movies infos and covers and fanarts, etc etc , on this new PC.

Correct me if I am wrong.....

Now That I have a central LIBRARY Database....whenever I add a new movie on the NAS, I can do the scraping from any of the two PCs and BOTH will get the new updates....

Correct me if I am wrong.....

But (I asked about this before) if for whatever reason I need to look at the movies in the PC2 (the new one), according to charrua, on PC2, I will have to manually :

- Add the new source
- scrape ALL the content with mymovies.it

Am I correct Confused

I'm just trying to understand if in my scenario this mysql thing it is really worth it...or not....

What you guys think about Huh
rtrimarchi Wrote:...but as far as I've seen.... this will help me maintaining ONLY the LIBRARY VIDEO database, and NOT the FILE VIEW database....
There is no file view database. Only a library database that you can also access from fileview mode if you set the source CONTENT right.

rtrimarchi Wrote:But (I asked about this before) if for whatever reason I need to look at the movies in the PC2 (the new one), according to charrua, on PC2, I will have to manually :
- Add the new source
Am I correct
No, you are not correct. I've never said that you have to manually add new sources or scrape all the content again from other PCs accessing the central db. I said that you have to set the source CONTENT in every PC to see the library info also in fileview mode, that's completely different.

rtrimarchi Wrote:What you guys think about
Don't take this the wrong way, I understand that this new XBMC MySQL feature could be difficult to configure the first time and that's why I was trying to be very pacient while explaining to you every detail you've asked, but I think you have to do some research on your own too (as the rest of us have done in order to set this up).
Start by reading carefully the wiki instructions about xbmc libraries and how to set them up, it has lots of good info, also there are hundreds of online manuals and tutorials about MySQL, from very basic to advanced, so go ahead and learn about it. Knowledge never hurts. After that come back here if you still have questions and I'll be very happy to continue helping you.
rtrimarchi Wrote:@MrDVD

Do you think you can try to create a short step-by-step guide on how to achive your settings ?
Only if you use linux, i dont have a clue how all the paths are under windows.

Here the short way Smile

1. I added the needed infos from page 1 of this topic to my advancedsettings.xml (i just use the videodatabase part)

2. I added the user i used inside advancedsettings.xml with all rights to my mysql server.

3. I edited my my.cnf to allow mysql connects from other than "localhost"(bind-address = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP from your server

4. I movied my Thumbnails folder to the server and linked it to the the default place

5. i start xbmc and it create the database and all tables (checked it with phpMYAdmin)

6. i sraped all my media again to start with an clean db. (i updated lot of nfo's, posters and fanarts before with EMM so it was the right time for itSmile )

I short that was all i did and it takes not that much time.
[HTML]Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrimarchi
...but as far as I've seen.... this will help me maintaining ONLY the LIBRARY VIDEO database, and NOT the FILE VIEW database....

There is no file view database. Only a library database that you can also access from fileview mode if you set the source CONTENT right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrimarchi
But (I asked about this before) if for whatever reason I need to look at the movies in the PC2 (the new one), according to charrua, on PC2, I will have to manually :
- Add the new source
Am I correct

No, you are not correct. I've never said that you have to manually add new sources or scrape all the content again for other PCs accessing the central db. I said you have to set the source CONTENT in every PC to see the library info also in fileview mode, that's completely different.[/HTML]

I'm sorry to have "exceded" with my questions Rolleyes
I REALLY did not mean to say you were "wrong"....
Honestly ... I did NOT

There is not doubt that here it's me the one who says "BS" due to my "ignorance"..... Sad .... but I'm studing Nod

Believe me also that I am reading the wiky portion on this whole subject.....

Anyway...

Thanks really a lot to you all for all the help you gave me Wink
Thumbs Up 
rtrimarchi Wrote:I REALLY did not mean to say you were "wrong"....
Honestly ... I did NOT
Don't worry, I never thought you meant that (but I'm wrong lots of times anyway).

rtrimarchi Wrote:There is not doubt that here it's me the one who says "BS" due to my "ignorance"..... Sad .... but I'm studing Nod
Believe me also that I am reading the wiky portion on this whole subject.....
That's a good attitude and the whole point of my suggestion.
charrua Wrote:Reading your log, I think we've just found a bug in the MySQL functionality:
I don't have any local media sources in XBMC database, so I've never hit this error before, but it seems that the SQL for storing/querying local paths has a bug: it's trying to store the paths with "\" instead of "/" and for MySQL "\" is an special character, so it's returning a syntax error when trying to store a local path with that character. Note that network paths don't have that problem, because they are stored in the format "smb://NETWORK_ADDRESS/SHARED_PATH/".
I'll post this error in the developer's thread and see if he can fix it.
In the meantime you can try if you have any problems with networked paths, I guess you won't.

EDIT:
The bug was confirmed by firnsy(the developer of the XBMC MySQL feature) so I raised a bug report (ticket #9022), you can check its status here.

FYI, patches are now available against this bug for testing. I don't have Window's path's so can't fully test. Let me know, via the ticket, how it goes.
firnsy Wrote:FYI, patches are now available against this bug for testing. I don't have Window's path's so can't full test. Let me know how via the ticket how it goes.
Thanks firnsy, I'll apply the patch ASAP and let you know if the issue is solved.
i applied the patches (which didn't want to work with tortoisesvn) and tried to compile and it says it's missing a header file ... svn_rev.h
butterkitty Wrote:i applied the patches (which didn't want to work with tortoisesvn) and tried to compile and it says it's missing a header file ... svn_rev.h
How did you apply them? I'm also having problems applying them with TortoiseSVN.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 XBMC PCs and 1 Database on the shared NAS7