[RELEASE] Bierdopje Subtitles - Subtitle Search and Download Script
Thumbs Up 
This script is replaced by the "XBMC Subtitles Addon"

Only for XBMC versions older than 10.0:
Bierdopje Subtitles

Script to search and download Dutch or English subtitles from Bierdopje.com for TV shows.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If you're using an "addons" enabled version of XBMC, use the "script.xbmc.subtitles" addon instead.
I've added a service to this addon to search for subtitles from bierdopje.com.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 1.05 is ready for testing.

Installation:
  • Download the zipfile and unpack it to the xbmc scripts folder on your XBMC machine.
  • Go to the script settings (using the context menu) and customize as needed.
Features:
  • The script will automatically download a subtitle when the name matches the name of the videofile (exact match). For instance: "house.s06e14.720p.hdtv.x264-immerse.srt" is an exact match for "house.s06e14.720p.hdtv.x264-immerse.mkv".
  • The script will ask which subtitle to download when no exact match is found.
  • Option to automatically search for, and download all subtitles for all your tv show files that don't have (external) subtitles. For this to work, you need to set the location of your tv show files in the script settings. This currently only works for local paths and not SMB shares. For SMB shares to work, you need to mount them to the local filesystem (e.g. map to driveletter on Windows)
  • Customizable "suffix" string, for instance "Myshow.Dutch.srt" or "Myshow.Nederlands.srt".
  • Option to specify a separate folder for your subtitles (default location is the same folder as your videofiles).
  • The script will try to extract the name for the TV show from the filename, and will present a list of TV Show names when it doesn't find a exact match on bierdopje.com. The script uses the same filename patterns that XBMC uses.
  • When you've set XBMC to use the Dutch language for the user interface, dan zal het script ook alles in het Nederlands tonen :-)
  • Added automatic pause, set subtitles and resume play when downloading subtitles for a playing TV show.
  • When run from the Video OSD (using the OSD subtitle button; see skin settings) the main menu will give the option to run the script OpenSubtitles_OSD (only when it is installed).
Screenshots:

Settings:

The main menu (top option will only show when a video is playing, and the last option only when run from Video OSD and OpenSubtitles_OSD is installed):
Thanks, will check it out directly!

Edit: seems bierdopje.com is down atm so cannot properly test it now.
Elbert Wrote:Thanks, will check it out directly!

Edit: seems bierdopje.com is down atm so cannot properly test it now.
They have some performance issues at the moment on peak times (beginning of the evening).
According to twitter, they hope to have it fixed by the end of this month.
Nice work Mr. Blobby,

I was waiting a long time for this script. I used to use the opensubtitles script but that database isn't so good and fast as bierdopje.com.

Don't get me wrong, but a view things in your script can better, maybe for the future;
- let it search for both, dutch and englisch, so you can choose whats available is that time (sometimes dutch isn't finished jet, than english is a good second choice)
- when the script runs, let it pause the playing video.
- when download is ready, you have to select the .srt manually, maybe the script can do that automatic.?

Hope you have something about this feedback!

REALLY NICE SCRIPT!! looking forward to the updates!

P
Hi,

Sounds like a great script. However i seem to be unable to install it. I did put it in my scripts folder (program files>xbmc>scripts) but when i look at the scripts in the menu it's empty.

I was able to run the script via the Video OSD and saw three options, but it gave me the following error : "Unable to extract moviefile from full path"

Any idea?
paalpizzle Wrote:Nice work Mr. Blobby,

I was waiting a long time for this script. I used to use the opensubtitles script but that database isn't so good and fast as bierdopje.com.

Don't get me wrong, but a view things in your script can better, maybe for the future;
- let it search for both, dutch and englisch, so you can choose whats available is that time (sometimes dutch isn't finished jet, than english is a good second choice)
I will look into that this weekend.
Quote:- when the script runs, let it pause the playing video.
- when download is ready, you have to select the .srt manually, maybe the script can do that automatic.?[
In version 1.03 I have included automatic pause, set subtitles (when downloaded of course) and resume play.
Version 1.03 can be found on this page.

I will look into that this weekend.
Quote:- when the script runs, let it pause the playing video.
- when download is ready, you have to select the .srt manually, maybe the script can do that automatic.?
I have included the automatic pause, set subtitles and resume play in version 1.03.
thomasH Wrote:Hi,

Sounds like a great script. However i seem to be unable to install it. I did put it in my scripts folder (program files>xbmc>scripts) but when i look at the scripts in the menu it's empty.

I was able to run the script via the Video OSD and saw three options, but it gave me the following error : "Unable to extract moviefile from full path"

Any idea?
I think you should put the script in your Windows profile (on Windows 7/Vista: c:\Users\[yourname]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\scripts).
Could you give me an example of a tv show filename, including the full path, that produces the error?

- when the script runs, let it pause the playing video.

Hope you have something about this feedback!

REALLY NICE SCRIPT!! looking forward to the updates!

P
I will look into the option for both English & Dutch as subtitles language.
In version 1.03 I have added automatic pause, set subtitles and play when downloading subtitles for a playing video.
mr_blobby Wrote:I think you should put the script in your Windows profile (on Windows 7/Vista: c:\Users\[yourname]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\scripts).
Could you give me an example of a tv show filename, including the full path, that produces the error?

The first part works now. Thanks!

I tried the script on the following file : Fringe - Season 2 Ep. 3

Full path : smb://10.0.1.14/TV/FRINGE/SEASON 2/Fringe - 2x03 - Fracture.avi
thomasH Wrote:The first part works now. Thanks!

I tried the script on the following file : Fringe - Season 2 Ep. 3

Full path : smb://10.0.1.14/TV/FRINGE/SEASON 2/Fringe - 2x03 - Fracture.avi
The script didn't supported SMB shares. I uploaded a new version 1.04 that supports SBM shares.
SMB shares are not (yet) supported for automatically downloading all missing subtitles for all TV shows.
Installed the new version.

When i try "search subtitles for currently playing video" or "search subtitles for a single tv show episode" in the video OSD i get the following error:
"Unable to extract moviefile from full path"

When i try "search subtitles for a single tv show episode" from scripts i get :
"[filename] could not be decoded" In this case filename was 'Fringe - 2x03 - Fracture.avi'

Thanks for the quick updates!
Thank you for this script it is working very well for TV Shows. I was waiting for a script like this that support bierdopje. Big Grin
thomasH Wrote:Installed the new version.

When i try "search subtitles for currently playing video" or "search subtitles for a single tv show episode" in the video OSD i get the following error:
"Unable to extract moviefile from full path"

When i try "search subtitles for a single tv show episode" from scripts i get :
"[filename] could not be decoded" In this case filename was 'Fringe - 2x03 - Fracture.avi'

Thanks for the quick updates!
There should be no difference when running the script from the Video OSD or from the Scripts section.
Could you perhaps enable debugging in the settings and post de last lines of logging from the xbmc log when you encounter an error?
Maybe then I can see what is going wrong.
I can easily fix the other issue of not being able to decode the file name, but I would like to fix your other issues as well.
Also could you let me know on what platform (operating system) you use XBMC?
How do I run the script from the Video OSD ??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Bierdopje Subtitles - Subtitle Search and Download Script0