[XBMC LIVE] Library loses path to movies on external USB Harddisk
Hiya,

I just entered the world of xbmc live on my asrock 330 ht. and after hours and hours in these forums and on google, i was able to setup my asrock 330ht pretty well.

However, my problem resides in the following.

I have this usb casing with a 750 gb sata harddisk sitting next to my asrock. Its filled with a lot of hd movies, which get scraped very well. So if i:

1. turn on the usb harddisk,
2. turn on the asrock
3. have xbmc scrape the harddisk

i have a library full of complete nfo. I can select the movie form the library view and it starts.

Now when i turn xbmc and the usb harddisk off and i restart both,
the library still contains the movies but when i "click" them, the movie doenst start. Xbmc gives me the information that the movie is not available anymore and wants to remove the movie from the library. When i go via "files" to the harddisk the movie is there, but when i press "i" for information, it has to rescrape the movie. Its like it doenst remember the movie.

I hope this description is helpful and i hope theres someone who can sort this out.

Besides:
System specs
Asrock 330 ht with prety recent xbmc live confluence stable build.
xbmc live installed on internal 320 gb hdd. /deva
500 gb internal 2,5 inch harddisk on /devb

update:

Is the above even possible, or could it be that i clean the library without the harddisks attached? That would break the path so it would remove it from the library.. Hmm, more to think about and fiddle around with tonight.
So many great and visual options with xbmc that it dazzles me sometimes.
This has been covered quite a few times before.

Search the forum for uuid and fstab.
JumJum Wrote:This has been covered quite a few times before.

Search the forum for uuid and fstab.

Being quite the Linux noob, its sometimes hard to know where to begin. Thanks for the directions!

fast update: Yes man! I think that must be it. Tonight im gonna piss the gf off again when i enter the world of fstab (probly for hours...)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMC LIVE] Library loses path to movies on external USB Harddisk0