Can't add external hard drive folder to library
Ahh yes

I removed the 'nodiskmount' tokens from Boot/Grub/menu.lst (with root permissions) and then restarted to computer (XBMC Live).

When it booted up into the home screen it recognized the USB HD as normal.

Then when I went into Files from within movies and I could now see a new folder I think was called sbd1 along with DISK file that I couldn't add before (this was there before i removed nodiskmount but couldnt add any of the films to my libuary) .

But this time the new folder sdb1 I was able to add successfully, I drilled down into the folder I had within sdb1 called Flims, right clicked and set content ect and It works ..hooray

Hope this helps Smile
I am experiencing the same thing that you were, I am having trouble with solving it though, can you please clarify what you did exactly? I am using a mac as my normal laptop and a acer aspire revo for my xbmc, how do I change tokens in root permission? any help would be appreciated, I am killing myself over here.

cheers
Heres what I did to get the usb HD to add to my libuary

You will need putty found here http://www.putty.org/

I firstly installed xbmc live onto my Acer Revo then I use putty to SSH into the Acer (via a laptop on the same network) and changed the root password using the following tutorial:

Enabling root access to XBMC Live over FTP via SSH

In order to actually make changes to the XBMC Live OS over FTP you need to enable root access, this is done through an application called Putty which you should find if you look in the application folder of WinSCP.

Step 1) Start Putty and type in the IP address of XBMC to connect, leaving all other settings at their default.
username and password = xbmc

Type in this command sudo passwd root this will prompt you to change the root password so pick xbmc as the password.

Close Putty.

Step 2) Now start Winscp or filezilla and in the hostname enter in the XBMC IP address
username = root password = xbmc

You now have root access to XBMC Live and can see/edit any folder on the system.

Source putty totrial found here here

Then I loged into the Acer again with filezilla using the newly change root password and then modified the file Boot/Grub and removed the "nodiskmount" from the lower part of the file, then you should be good to go.

Please note I did this a little while ago and all should work but don't blame me if it doesn't, hope this helps Smile

PS Power off the xbmc machine before you remove the HD just in case!
thank you so much, figured everything out and followed the directions but still not working. i am using filezilla to delete the token but do I need to do something after to sync it with in with my acer? I tried hitting "synconize local directory with remote directory" but still did not work. thanks so much
No Probs,

After I removed the token, I then restarted the system with the usb HD plugged in, then I went into movies > then add sources you should find Sb1 (may be different) you should then be able to add this source and scrape as if it was a perminant HD.

Also im not sure if there was another "undiskmount" token from about half way down I also removed?

Sorry I cannot be more precise Smile
Why all this difficulties?

If you can see the external drive all you have to do is:

Video-->Files

Browse to the main folder of e.g. your movies and right click it then choose set media. Then the folder itself becomes the source. Big Grin

/Daninino
But from my experience without removing the "undiskmount" you cannot permanently add the usb hd source, you can view and play the media but it wouldn't let me add and scrape the media to my library.

my hd was a 350gig (not sure if this makes any difference)
I have no problems at all 1,5Tb disk from western digital and it can do automatic scan as well everytime I start up XBMC to see if new material has been added.

I'm on 9.11 official build and an EEE Box 1012u don't know if the svn behaves the same way of course
Alright sorry but I am still having trouble with this and it is driving me crazy. I must be doing something wrong, did you just open the menu.lst file with word and highlight nodiskmount and delete it, did you also delete the comma that came after it? I dont understand why I am having such a difficult time with this. Thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't add external hard drive folder to library0