MPC-HC External Player DXVA playback
Well I finally got mp -hc to open up and be the default player in Confluence but when I switched to Transparency it loads but it is not the default player. How do I get mpc-hc to be the default player in the Transparency skin?
steelman1991 Wrote:One of life's great mysteries and the answer is I don't think you can. It was a setting I never used, after I realised that there was no way to override and start from beginning. Sorry I realise this won't be the answer you're looking for.

Since the Dharma beta releases I don't even use an external player for playback. Everything plays flawlessly in xbmc. Other than access to HD Audio I don't see amy reason to continue using an external player.

MPC-HC will accept a start playing from timestamp position as one of the arguments. It's of the form hh:mmConfuseds. Now if xbmc would just send that as an argument when selecting resume.
How do you know for sure that you are using MPC-HC versus the built in player in XBMC? I've followed the writeup and the video plays but I don't get the HD bitstreaming out to my preamp, figured step 1 would be to check that it is using MPC-HC.
HTPC, Pop Corn C200, 10Tb+ UnRaid server w/Norco case, Integra Pre Amp, Paradigm Signature Surround Sound System, JVC RS2 projector to 131" widescreen
BigCity Wrote:How do you know for sure that you are using MPC-HC versus the built in player in XBMC? I've followed the writeup and the video plays but I don't get the HD bitstreaming out to my preamp, figured step 1 would be to check that it is using MPC-HC.

Press M and see if the OSD appears.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Press M and see if the OSD appears.

JR

Ok, so it does say OSD so I must be playing with MPC-HC, but I still do not appear to be bit streaming I get audio but my preamp does not indicate the dolby digital plus or DTS MSTR HD, etc. I have installed MPC-HC, FFD Show, and ReClock and set them up per the link to the page in the first post. I have it setup for Directsound with Directsound from my NVidia GT430 in the settings menu on XBMC. I placed the playerconfig.xml in the Roaming XBMC folder and seems to be working since I do see the OSD.

Any idea, what items can I post up for review or to help with the diagnosis?
HTPC, Pop Corn C200, 10Tb+ UnRaid server w/Norco case, Integra Pre Amp, Paradigm Signature Surround Sound System, JVC RS2 projector to 131" widescreen
If you can see the OSD, then you're not using mpc-hc as an external player, the OSD is only available when playing using xbmc's internal DVDPlayer, hence why your not getting HD Bitstreaming. Try right clicking on a movie file, or use whatever command on your remote to call up the context menu, if you have the option - 'play using..' click on it and see whether the option to use mpc-hc is available, if not your set-up is wrong.

Post up your playercorefactory.xml file and check that it has been placed in the correct place.
Sorry my confusion, thanks for the clarification. Right clicking in XBMC I do not have any other options for "play using". Do I have to do anything other than the playercorefactory file?

Here is my playercorefactory.xml file:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="m2ts|ts|mkv" player="MPC-HC" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

It is located in the C:\Users\BluRay2\AppData\Roaming\XBMC. The player core in the program files\XBMC\System is untouched.
Here's a little more info on my file setup, all of my current files are BluRay rips to folder structures. There is a main folder that is named after the movie ex: Movie_BluRay_1080P inside this folder is the bluray folder structure. Not sure if that matters or not but figured I would offer it up.
Playercorefactory file should be located within the Userdata folder ie:

C:\Users\BluRay2\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\Userdata, you quoted yours as loacted in C:\Users\BluRay2\AppData\Roaming\XBMC

Personally I no longer use an external player and rely on the DSPlayer branch to bitstream HD Audio.
The help is greatly appreciated, no wonder it wasn't working properly I'll move the file and give it another go. I had read that DSPlayer was a bit buggy, is this no longer the case? To be honest I haven't researched that option all that much. Could you explain why you prefer DSPlayer and any associated links?
Well it still does not automatically call for the external player for some reason, but I do have the option to right click and play with MPC that way. It does do the bitstreaming, so now if I can figure out how to get it to play the files automatically I'll be on the right track.
BigCity Wrote:The help is greatly appreciated, no wonder it wasn't working properly I'll move the file and give it another go. I had read that DSPlayer was a bit buggy, is this no longer the case? To be honest I haven't researched that option all that much. Could you explain why you prefer DSPlayer and any associated links?
Yes DSPlayer was buggy at best, but recent unofficial builds have proved far more stable. Check out the DSPlayer thread, there is a link within the last few posts to a new unoffical build.

I prefer the DSPlayer builds purley because they are integrated and mpc-hc filters can be used along with ffdshow to bitstream HD Audio. Once xbmc audio engine provides bitstreaming capabilities I may revert back to the native builds.
steelman1991 Wrote:Yes DSPlayer was buggy at best, but recent unofficial builds have proved far more stable. Check out the DSPlayer thread, there is a link within the last few posts to a new unoffical build.

I prefer the DSPlayer builds purley because they are integrated and mpc-hc filters can be used along with ffdshow to bitstream HD Audio. Once xbmc audio engine provides bitstreaming capabilities I may revert back to the native builds.

Is this the thread you are referring to or is there a newer one, 101 pages is a lot of research to get through No.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61355
Yeah - don't know where you get 101 pages its actually 408 Big Grin - but see post #4069 for a new build.

Also the link to the wiki on the first page should help. There is also a DSPlayer user support thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71825
steelman1991 Wrote:Yeah - don't know where you get 101 pages its actually 408 Big Grin - but see post #4069 for a new build.

Also the link to the wiki on the first page should help. There is also a DSPlayer user support thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71825

Oh dang didn't see the total count just what I could select...

Any way until I can find the time to figure out this other option, any ideas why it wouldn't be automatically calling the MPC player for the BluRays? Does XBMC only see the folder name or should it see the actual file it chooses to play within the bluray folder structure?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPC-HC External Player DXVA playback1