AppleTV and DVD ISO load time
Hi davilla,
maybe you missed that:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=512150&postcount=9

;-)
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
Maybe I am not good at reading the log but it looks like you are opening a DVD video folder and opening an IFO file not an ISO?
Also are those DVD rips full disk rips or stream processed with menu? I have noticed that if you take out streams and languages and leave the menus it takes around one minute for reasons unknown
Full disk rips as well as ISOs.
They all need the same time to display the menu, from ISOs the film starts a bit quicker once the menu is loaded.
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
Have tried stripping the menus off and only ripping the main feature?
Mine are all DVD ISO's which I create using DVD FAB.
Do you have the full menu structure? I notice a substantial difference when I only have the main feature compared to a rip with menus
davilla Wrote:pastebin xbmc.log. it's the only way we can "see" what is happening since we are not by your side and that damm crystal ball stopped working.

Hello,

Here it is!

http://pastebin.com/g8CRnZin

Thanks!
xploid Wrote:Hello,

Here it is!

http://pastebin.com/g8CRnZin

Thanks!

Over one minutes looking at decrypting CSS keys. should those not been already eliminated by the decrypt process?
Mine are all full DVD ISOs including menus languages etc. I dont take anything out
I have the same "issue", it's (only) at first play of the DVD, afterwards the CSSkeys are stored in the .dvdcss folder (which I thus sync over all my XBMC instances to only have the delay once). Also all are full ISO rips (w/ DVD Fab), nothing removed.

I always thought this was a downside of having them available via the network, my guess was that seeks over the network are slower...
IP address of NAS is in hosts-file.

I'm currently looking at pre-generating the keys when I add them to the NAS environment.
Is there such a difference between the xbox build and the ATV build. Interesting that I am not alone with this, as I couldnt find much on the forums regarding this at all.

XBMC is such a great product I suppose people ignore any minor issues that they have. Fingers crossed a result can be found for this.
JPDeckers Wrote:I have the same "issue", it's (only) at first play of the DVD, afterwards the CSSkeys are stored in the .dvdcss folder (which I thus sync over all my XBMC instances to only have the delay once). Also all are full ISO rips (w/ DVD Fab), nothing removed.

I always thought this was a downside of having them available via the network, my guess was that seeks over the network are slower...
IP address of NAS is in hosts-file.

I'm currently looking at pre-generating the keys when I add them to the NAS environment.

Or strip the DRM when ripping. Then dvdcss does not come into play.
That is what I suggested too. Any decent ripper should remove CSS protection entirely.
Still movies in iso format read faster then IFO and is a good idea to get rid of menus too
I thought DVD Fab did remove all CSS when creating the ISO. Am I wrong?
I have just checked my DVDFab settings and all protection is removed. I dontunderstand why it would need to look for a key. Is there anyway of disabling this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV and DVD ISO load time0