Best platform for XBMC
Hi i'm a real newcomer to xbmc and recently purchased a Revo 3610 for my HTPC needs and having see the screenshots, xbmc looks amazing.

So as my Revo came with Windows 7 i followed a guide on setting up a dualboot with xbmc live and it worked great but became unstable and accessing files from within the windows 7 partition was far from easy and alot of hassle.

I'm not going to throw in the towel on xbmc and wondered whether installing full xbmc on another partition would be a better option than the camelot repack i installed, or the ion specific xbmc.

My main issue is really with accessing files on the windows partition, If anyone i aware of any simple guide to setting up a 3rd partition to access from both then that sounds ideal.
I think you might be better off using a dedicated drive for media. External NAS or usb.

I have a similar set up (revo 3600) but chose to run xbmc over windows 7 just for the driver support!

As for partitioning your own drives (at your own risk):
http://windows7news.com/2009/09/23/how-t...windows-7/
The latest builds of XBMC support hardware acceleration on Windows 7, so if Windows 7 is what you're used to just use that.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best platform for XBMC0