XBMC Live on Revo - 720p fine, 1080p not
I had installed XBMC Live 9.04 on my Aspire Revo a few months ago, and it would play everything except 1080p files perfectly. When playing them, it would either be jerky, or the picture would slow up and speed down every few seconds. Wasn't seeing a huge number of dropped frames, but some.

I upgraded to 9.11, and am still seeing the same behaviour.

I haven't upgraded anything else - could my graphics drivers be the issue? And if so, how can I upgrade them?
Start here please: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655
Thanks.
Did you add a second stick of ram, or is it just a single 1 GB stick?
Still just 1GB RAM, haven't got round to upgrading it yet.

Could anyone tell me briefly how to upgrade my graphics drivers (bearing in mind I'm using XBMC Live). I will post a debug log later, but would like to upgrade drivers first.
Jamie, you might try the guide in my signature, it should get you to smooth 1080p.
------------------------------------------
Dharma Quick Setup Guide:
XBMC tips on the TechNazgul Blog
Thanks myrison - I initially went through your guide, but I found that I could get all 720p stuff to play fine by simply changing TripleBuffer to true. I'm thinking of putting another 1GB RAM in tonight to see if that helps, as I've heard a couple of people say it enabled them to play 1080p fine...
jamief Wrote:Thanks myrison - I initially went through your guide, but I found that I could get all 720p stuff to play fine by simply changing TripleBuffer to true. I'm thinking of putting another 1GB RAM in tonight to see if that helps, as I've heard a couple of people say it enabled them to play 1080p fine...

If I remember rightly that means you can allocate 512MB to the graphics with 1Gb you can only assign 256MB.
Yes, that was my understanding too, thanks.
It also runs your ram in a dual channel interleaved mode, which is faster. This (and changing the frame buffer size to 512 MB) should solve the issue.
Jamie - the RAM -might- help, but I'd say it's unlikely given that I have set up 3 of these Revos on different TVs and they all play 1080p fine with the stock 1GB. (granted, it can take a lot of messing around to get it working right, but in the end I don't think it's a memory problem)

Please prove me wrong though as it'd be a lot easier in the future to drop another gig of memory in than to do all of the tweaking I've done. Smile
Dharma Quick Setup Guide:
XBMC tips on the TechNazgul Blog

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live on Revo - 720p fine, 1080p not0