Silly newbie needs some help with surround sound issues
Hi there,

I used to be an avid user of MCE on XP whch was great as it allowed me to use prologic 2 on stereo sources to output on my analogue PC 7.1 system. Which whilst it may not be perfect, it was good enough.

Since installing XBMC on an xbox I decided to move my PC over to the same system which I installed this week, as the UI is vastly superior however it doesn't seem to allow me to use my own codecs (ffdshow audio in particular) and therefore only outputs audio as it is on the file.

I have had a google but admit I am at a loss on this one.

Can anybody help point me in the right direction or is this the end of my PC surround system? No
ipub Wrote:Hi there,

I used to be an avid user of MCE on XP whch was great as it allowed me to use prologic 2 on stereo sources to output on my analogue PC 7.1 system. Which whilst it may not be perfect, it was good enough.

Since installing XBMC on an xbox I decided to move my PC over to the same system which I installed this week, as the UI is vastly superior however it doesn't seem to allow me to use my own codecs (ffdshow audio in particular) and therefore only outputs audio as it is on the file.

I have had a google but admit I am at a loss on this one.

Can anybody help point me in the right direction or is this the end of my PC surround system? No

Standard xbmc install doesn't use Direct Show filters at all - therefore in that configuartion you cannot use ffdshow, coreavc etc, However Tiben and BlinkSeb are currently developing a Direct Show branch of xbmc see thread here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61355 which will enable you to run with Direct Show filters.
Thanks, I'll check that out. Bit disappointed I need an external player tho. Love the one it comes with!
ipub Wrote:Thanks, I'll check that out. Bit disappointed I need an external player tho. Love the one it comes with!

DSPlayer is anything but external it is fully integrated in the same way that the native DVDPlayer is, only that you can fine-tune it and have it play with whatever Direct Show filters you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Silly newbie needs some help with surround sound issues0