WIN7 goes to desktop during video playback
Hello,

I am currently running XBMC 9.11 on WIN7 64 bits and am having some issues during video playback.
I play videos with the setup to auto-adjust refresh rate and sometimes the computer just goes out from the video and shows windows desktop, a simple CTRL+TAB will get me back to the video that is still running.

I just cannot explain what triggers this, I think it might be everytime my computer does another action in background like reminding me that windows updates are available, everytime WHS starts a backup, etc...

This is very annoying and I would like to know if someone knows where I can setup XBMC to stay on top.

For information I'm running XBMC in true fullscreen mode on Win7 ultimate 64 bits, XBMC is piloted via Imon remote and sends video and audio through an HDMI cable to my amplificator that is linked via HDMI to my TV.
My graphic display entity is a Nvidia Geforce 9400 on a MSI motherboard.

Thanks in advance as I'm sure the solution is quite easy and I'm missing something elementary here...

Benoit
I have the exact same issue, and it is really annoying as I am not using a keyboard/mouse.

Did you ever find a solution?
You have some app that is stealing the focus. By default XBMC uses a DirectX mode that is fast but that won't share the screen with any other app. If some other app grabs the focus XBMC is forced to minimise. You can change the display mode (see below) but this will probably reduce the playback quality.

The problem is usually caused by apps running in the system tray, i.e. the small icons down at the bottom right of the screen. These often display notifications and that will cause the problem. The best solution is to find the offending app and configure it not to show a tray icon.

If you want to change the display mode go to System settings, System, Video output and enable the setting Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WIN7 goes to desktop during video playback0