Recently Added, as sort order!?
Instead of only sorting by name, year etc. It very hard to keep track of my 300 movies, when i just get "Thrown in" to my movie library.

Could it be possible to add "Recently added" as Sort order!? So you get all new movies, when ex. selecting Action movies, through genre.
No one?
Well Im not sure how in the normal library you can do this. But you do have a recently added section already. That defaults to showing the latest 25 movies that were added to the library. So you could change the number of movies shown there just to some insane amount. Since you have about 300 movies for now you can make it like 1000 to be safe for a while.

To do this change your advancedsettings.xml file. Add:
<videolibrary>
<recentlyaddeditems>1000</recentlyaddeditems>
</videolibrary>

If this doesn't make sense maybe look over the wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml
SlaveUnit Wrote:Well Im not sure how in the normal library you can do this. But you do have a recently added section already. That defaults to showing the latest 25 movies that were added to the library. So you could change the number of movies shown there just to some insane amount. Since you have about 300 movies for now you can make it like 1000 to be safe for a while.

To do this change your advancedsettings.xml file. Add:
<videolibrary>
<recentlyaddeditems>1000</recentlyaddeditems>
</videolibrary>

If this doesn't make sense maybe look over the wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml

Yes i have allready tried that.. The problem is that this only works, when i access the movie library through "Recently added" If you ex. access the movies by Genre menu, and choose ex. action.. Then you can only arrange it by name, year!? That's total useless if you have 250 movies marked action, and. ex. 100 is released in 2009! Then i would like to sort them by recently added, instead of name and year..
?
What do you want? You already know its not a valid sort option at Titles view. Use Recently Added.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
This piqued my interest so I toyed around this weekend. This seems like a relatively simple change. I'm going to work up a patch that will add a sort entry which will sort by the database id which is how Xbmc determines the recently added items. The only complication may be movie sets.

To me, this sort option would only be useful at the Movies Titles and Music Video Titles lists, but it could be at the Episode listing as well. I need a string for it; I'm thinking "by added". Thoughts?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
"by added" actually sounds pretty good. Also "by most recent"
Sorry for delay. I haven't had a chance to reply due to family commitments. I hacked this up rather quickly using the same method that "recently added" uses. Every movie has a movie id, which is really just the row number in the database. The library view actually encodes the movie id into the virtual path, so this was really was easy to do. Unfortunately, movie sets screw it up, as I figured they would.

Just like each movie gets a unique movie id, each set also gets a unique set id number but its unrelated to any of the movie id's contained within. The individual movies are sorted in database order, the sets are sorted in database order, but those two sorted lists are simply interleaved together by their id numbers.

There's no real simple way to overcome this. Moreover, I'm not even sure what the "correct" placement for a set should be. Should it be based off the oldest or newest movie contained within? The other option is to sort the sets at either the top or bottom of the list like how folders are typically sorted separately from files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently Added, as sort order!?0