The screen goes white with video playback
Hey, I'm a first time XBMC user, have used Mediaportal earlier and it looks that I have to go back.
I installed XBMC yesterday, I like this program but have a problem with video playback, when video playback start the screen go white, sound and everything else works but no picture, just white screen.
When I stop video playback and go back to meny the screen is ok.
This happen with DVD playback and all other video files.
If I open sam files in windows mediaplayer everything works great.

I have read the WIKI and as I understand the build in videoplayer should support all files I have tried to watch.

I use Camelot 9.11 on a old Pentium 4, 2,2Ghz computer with 1Gb RAM. Win XP pro edition.
Can't remember name of videocard but I use SVHS output for now (waiting for new tv)

Can I tell XBMC to use windows mediaplayer as standard?

Any suggestions ?

Rune.
I had the same provlem, when installed yesterday, xbmc on Windows Tiny XP.
Savouras Wrote:I had the same provlem, when installed yesterday, xbmc on Windows Tiny XP.

Your graphic card isn't supported. Try GL version.
The DirectX build of XBMC relies on your video card driver supporting a feature called "Pixel Shader 2.0", and the "white screen" usually means your card doesn't support this. There are unofficial OpenGL builds of XBMC available, and the OpenGL build doesn't rely on pixel shading so it will probably work. There's an OpenGL build of the v9.11 release at xbmcmce.sourceforge.net, or search this forum to find downloads of later builds.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The screen goes white with video playback0