Bebas [Concept]
I started this a few days ago just for fun and practice really, although I may attempt to create it myself (learning how to code as I go along Laugh).

The initial idea (the first image) was inspired by a mockup Ayala did for Aeon a while ago. I still feel there's something not quite right about it though, possibly the size of the banners could be a little smaller.

The second is a kind of compromise for those who prefer to use the posters for their TV Shows. I much rather prefer the banners in this concept. Some similarities with Alaska in this shot.

Third image is from Rapier (althought might just be in Qualar's mod, not sure). This is by far my favourite episode view I've come across so far and I just wanted to try and make it in this style. I do feel this is unfinished a bit though.

Settings page was just done quickly, not really inspired by anything.

----

The main problem I have at the minute are the light coloured fanart images. The effects I've used don't look very good when they're used. Sad Hopefully I can come to some sort of middle ground where the effects look good on light and dark fanart.

Nice ideas, but imagine there is another Backdrop as the dark and green Lost Backdrop Wink...
I like it... if you're going to code it, please do 1080p and not 720p.
Considering everything is scalable and the same aspect there should be virtually no difference between 720 and 1080 aside from possibly font sizes.
Yes, but his mockups are 720p. Smile ... code can be 720p if the graphics are 1080p and the aspect is correct.
`Black Wrote:Yes, but his mockups are 720p. Smile ... code can be 720p if the graphics are 1080p and the aspect is correct.
Did we ever get to the bottom of that debate?
Updated the banner list view slightly, smaller images and I think i've sorted the fanart problem.

I love this mockup! Please say you're going to learn to code and make it. I've just started coding skins so will help you as much as I can. PM me for my email address

[EDIT]You'll find mcborzu and hitcher are VERY helpful on here[/EDIT]
I agree with your first assessment that banners layout looks better, the others aren't bad but the banner view seems to fit the best. Looks very nice.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Actually I like the thumbnail view as well...keep at it!
So many gorgeous concepts lately! I too am liking the effects on the thumbnail.

It seems that determining how much to dim the fanart has been one of the focal points for skinning. It's tough to get the best look.
Ninjahblu Wrote:It seems that determining how much to dim the fanart has been one of the focal points for skinning. It's tough to get the best look.
And then you'll get requests to change the transparency. Wink
But thats not hard to implement... colordiffuse + string, then a setting to set the value (00000000 to FFFFFFFF) and you're done. Smile
Just inefficient. Skinners just need to ignore such silly requests and stick with a single value that works well for your particular skin. After all, it'll never be good enough for some, and they're the ones who speak up the most.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Amazing!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bebas [Concept]0