Scrapping-Doing it wrong or expecting too much?
Hi guys,

I'm still in the infancy of getting to grips with my now working (touch wood!) XBMC system. I've got my DVD library going and now I'm trying to get my music set up as I'd like. I've added the source and scanned it but don't seem to have got as much info as I'd have liked. My music library is pretty well orgabised, I spent ages getting it right so it would all display properly when using Squeezeserver, so assume it should be up to scratch for XBMC as well.

When I scrape my music though, I don't seem to get any artist info come through, all the albums have cover art, and they show up just fine.

Say I have an Artist, say 'Bonobo', who has several albums, when I'm in artist view there is no picture associated with him, which is fair enough as I've never manually added art for the Artist, just the albums. But I thought when scrapping, XBMC would find and add any fan art for the artist where available? I've got all the sources set in settings for music settings, including HTBackdrops, which i know has art for this particular artist, but nothing seems to get added.

Am I doing it wrong, or just expecting too much, and have to manually do this?

Cheers
Make sure you're NOT using the discogs scraper. Select the allmusic one.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi vdrfan, many thanks for the reply.

I've tried that, then gone into my music Library, in Artist view, highlighted 'Bonobo' and then pressed 'i' on the keyboard, it flashes up saying it's looking, but still doesn't seem to find anything?
You'll need to change the scraper in the library on artists node eg.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
In Settings>Music>Library>Settings I've got:

Enable Fanart -Enabled
Grab Artist Thumbs from AllMusic-Enabled
Grab Album Thumbs from Allmusic-Enabled

And have tried it with

Grab Artist Thumbs from HTBackdrops -Enabled and Disabled.

When I select the artist and press 'i' on the keyboard, the info box that pops up only says 'looking for album names' before disapearing.
vdrfan Wrote:You'll need to change the scraper in the library on artists node eg.

Do as suggested. Bring up the context menu on the Artists node in database view and select another scraper.
Thank you, that did work, problem I was having was that the change scraper settings were not popping up using the Showmix skin for some reason, I changed back to Confluence and it allowed me to perform the action , and for a chunk of my library, it did indeed download some extra info and thumbs.

I'm trying to see how to manually add it for those it didn't and correct the ones it got wrong. I assumed within the root of the artists it got right, there would be the corresponding image, much the same as you get with an album. But that doesn't seem to be the case, so out of interest, where would it have saved those images? Once I know that I'm guessing I can come up with a simple, if time consuming, way of correcting the wrong ones, and adding the missing ones.

Thanks again.
All downloaded images are stored in your userdata/Thumbnails folder(s).
you can only perform lookups in library mode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scrapping-Doing it wrong or expecting too much?0