TV Server with XBMC
Hello!

firstly i understand the XBMC team is working on getting XBMC to work as a tv client, I'm just wondering if there's any solutions for my setup.

I have a windows server (server 08 r2), i also have a dual dvb-t freeview card that i can pop in there. This server holds all my music/films/tv show etc.

In the lounge i have a acer revo running XBMC live. I'm wanting this client to run as a TV frontend for the windows server upstairs.

Is this possible? i understand it is if i were running linux on both server and client, but im not sure about server/windows client/linux

thanks in advance for any tips!
I think your only option at the moment would be to install the Win32 software MediaPortal TV server on your WHS. Marcel Groothuis (margro) has written a plugin for pvr compatibility with it http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/ . However, like the XBMC PVR portion itself, it is in its early stages.

Most of the testing to this point of the PVR branch has been via Linux. I am not sure what steps are involved to get your linux front end working with the MediaPortal plugin as most of the testing of that particular plugin has been with XBMC win32 frontend.

I would suggest hitting the irc and asking in #xbmc-pvr channel.

Good luck and please keep this thread informed of your progress.
karatekickz Wrote:I am not sure what steps are involved to get your linux front end working with the MediaPortal plugin as most of the testing of that particular plugin has been with XBMC win32 frontend.
The required Mediaportal PVR client code for Linux is not yet in SVN. The required patches to compile it under linux are submitted to TRAC in ticket #8525 (patches: 015,016,017). I didn't have time to test the PVR client under Linux, so although it compiles with these patches, I cannot guarantee that it will work at the moment...
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Server with XBMC0