USB Thumb mounting nut Not USD HD???
Hi

I can get my usb thumb driver to mount fine, but my usb iomega 350gig HD not mounting...please help i have just copied over a few films!!
could it be i formatted it to xfat as wasnt sure if xbmc live could read ntfs?
ntfs should worke fine. xfat I have never tried. Is it a clean xbmcLive installation or what have you done? (it should mount in a clean installation)
ahhhhh for some reason I thought ntfs wasn't supported (what a plank) sounds like a copy back over and re-format!!

btw It is a clean XBMC Live install on an Acer Revo Aspire

Thanks for your help Smile
To be clear, i dont know that xfat is not supported.

Quote:btw It is a clean XBMC Live install on an Acer Revo Aspire
I am asking because I am having problem that it stops working after I have installed a bunch of stuff on top of xbmc.
I have been looking all over the forum to see what file type a usb hard drive (350gig+) needs to be formatted to??

Also there seems to be some issues mounting USB HD's (2009) but fix its way over my head, hope I can find a quick(simple) fix, will try the re format to ntfs as it will take for ever to ftp movies Sad

Some of the early posts (2003) say it only supports up to 4gig Sad
Hopefully this has been fixed

btw im using the latest stable version (live) you can download from xbmc!
All fixed, re formatted to ntfs and all seems to be fine Smile
Does anyone know how to add this usb hd as a permanent storage so that the movies show up in the Library as it doesn't what to play.
Quote:Does anyone know how to add this usb hd as a permanent storage so that the movies show up in the Library as it doesn't what to play.

Yes, mount in FSTAB and use the uid to identify the disk. (not /dev/sdb1 since that could chnage if you plug in another disk...)
Thanks for the reply, not sure how to do that but will have a look, thanks again Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB Thumb mounting nut Not USD HD???0