Album title not submitted to Last.fm when running as uPnP renderer
When I use XBMC as a media renderer (using foobar2000 or WMP as control point and server), the last.fm track submissions don't include the album title or musicbrainzid. I tested this on the 9.11 release of XBMCLive and Windows standalone, as well as the r28256 Win32 build.

LastFmScrobbler.xml from local play:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<asjournal version="1">
    <entry>
        <artist>Yeah%20Yeah%20Yeahs</artist>
        <album>It%27s%20Blitz%21</album>
        <title>Zero</title>
        <length>265</length>
        <starttime>1269732275</starttime>
        <musicbrainzid>28ac9c5b%2d4e63%2d4484%2db23a%2dc031c9587c35</musicbrainzid>
        <tracknum>1</tracknum>
        <source>P</source>
        <rating></rating>
    </entry>
</asjournal>

LastFmScrobbler.xml from uPnP play:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<asjournal version="1">
    <entry>
        <artist>Yeah%20Yeah%20Yeahs</artist>
        <album></album>
        <title>Zero</title>
        <length>265</length>
        <starttime>1269732490</starttime>
        <musicbrainzid></musicbrainzid>
        <tracknum>1</tracknum>
        <source>P</source>
        <rating></rating>
    </entry>
</asjournal>
Answering my own question... In UPnP.cpp, it looks like CUPnP:TongueopulateTagFromObject() reads everything from the PLT_MediaObject except the album title, which is populated in object.m_Affiliation.album. It's an easy fix.
post a patch on trac and assign me to it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Filed at http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9018 . I don't know how to change the owner.
Could this also be why when using XBMC as a media renderer it only displays the filename including unicode (no album art, title or artist) as Now Playing? If this could also be fixed I feel it would add greatly to the DLNA/upnp experience. Please PM if you need anymore info on the problem. Thanks.
karatekickz Wrote:Could this also be why when using XBMC as a media renderer it only displays the filename including unicode (no album art, title or artist) as Now Playing? If this could also be fixed I feel it would add greatly to the DLNA/upnp experience. Please PM if you need anymore info on the problem. Thanks.

I don't see this issue - the song title and artist do show up in Now Playing for me. I never noticed the album art was missing but that should be a quick fix also.

What UPnP controller are you using? Can you post your debug log?
I guess showing the album art is not a quick fix. The thumbnail field is populated but it's an http address and CGUITextureManager can't directly load it.
I have some stuff in the works that'll take care of that.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

deltastorm Wrote:I don't see this issue - the song title and artist do show up in Now Playing for me. I never noticed the album art was missing but that should be a quick fix also.

What UPnP controller are you using? Can you post your debug log?

This happens for me in a couple different situations. Using TwonkyBeam (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=410820&posted=1 ) when I send a file from youtube to XBMC. XBMC displays the Now Playing as 2.mp4 etc. even though Twonky has the title of the video available in the sidebar.

I am not sure if this is a TwonkyBeam issue as perhaps it is not sending the metadata it scrapes when it sends the file to Twonky.

I also had this happen when I used AndroMote on an Android Nexus One cell phone to send a file via my TwonkyMedia UPNP server to XBMC for render.

XBMC displayed only the file name including the %20 unicode etc for spaces. Making for an ugly display experience.

Unfortunately, I do not have the Nexus One to recreate this to get you the logs however, I could get you logs relating to the TwonkyBeam issues.

Lastly, Please note the other UPNP bug at the end of the thread I referenced in regard to XBMC not working at all with Twonkymedia Manager. I need to file a trac ticket about this.

Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Album title not submitted to Last.fm when running as uPnP renderer0