Stereo to 5.1 removed?
Hi

I'm running todays svn version (28917) with opensuse 11.2 64bit. In older versions there was an option to map 2.0 mp3 files to 5.1 speakers.
I've set speakers to analog 5.1 but I can't find this option anymore. 2.0 output is only send to the front speakers, there seems to be no 5.1 mapping anymore.

How can I get this feature back?

/Edit:
I read other have similar problems but they use another platform (windows).
Ok, I played a little bit with alsa configuration.
1. step: xbmc crashes as soon the audio should be outputed and have played about 1sek.
2. step: reonconfigure alsa. xbmc still crashes
3. step: testing soundconfiguration with kde. All channels are now at a different phone jack
4. step: deletet ~./.xbmc and reconfigured everything.
5. step: Relay while listinging to working audio output

6. step: Find out how to reproduce this and check for a bug report.
I'm running Ubuntu 9,10 and I have 5.1 sound with 2ch mp3 files. I would think that if the OS does play them in 5.1 XBMC should too. I remember seing that option in my system though, I remember the downmix from 5.1 to stereo... which I dont use (so its not checked).

ELP
Acer something AMD A8-3800K with Trinity Radeon HD6650 (512MB), 10GB DDR3, Ubuntu 15.04, NO KODI HELP Audio: Working great Analog 5.1 (with Infinity Reference Sub and Center).
Why on earth would anybody wish to? It's like pretending beans on toast is a fine Beluga Caviar.

:-)
Katagia Wrote:Hi

I'm running todays svn version (28917) with opensuse 11.2 64bit.
You might avoid current svn until mid-May.
http://xbmc.org/theuni/2010/03/01/impend...ge-addons/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereo to 5.1 removed?0