[LIVE] Four issues with XBMC Live on USB stick
Hi all!

I'm running Live from a 4Gb USB stick with an Asus ION PC with Win7. I have slight trouble with some little annoyances:

1) How to permanently add my whole DATA hard disk partition on /dev/sda3 to Samba which I could access from another Win PC? Only the default Live shares appear now. I removed the "nodiskmount" from the syslinux.cfg so I can add my media from the DATA partition to XBMC no problem but I'd like to access that partition from elsewhere too.

2) Why do I have to restart the "Allow control of XBMC via HTTP" after resh boot to enable the remote control of XBMC? It is on by default but the remote software in iPod Touch or XBMControl on Windows can't connect to XBMC until I toggle this setting once on and off.

3) I change the root password but after next boot it is gone again. How to make this change stick to the stick? Smile

4) sometimes rarely when starting a video the XBMC dumps to terminal logon screen with an error "FAT: bogus number of reserved sectors". Disk problems?

I appreciate any tips! The grand plan is to eventually transfer fully to linux on the Asus but not just yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Four issues with XBMC Live on USB stick0