Range Issues With Philips IR Receiver
Here is my situation - I recently upgraded from an xbox with xbmc on it which I had working with no issues with the xbox IR receiver and my cable companies universal remote.

I switched over to an Acer Revo and purchased a MCE IR receiver:

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0471:060c Philips

I have this configured and working with my universal remove as before. However, the range on it is terrible. If I am within 2 feet or so of the IR receiver (ie basically on top of it) it works fine, but if i step back to my couch a few more feet away then I have to wave the remote around and hit the buttons numerous times before it will register.

I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong, or maybe I just have a defective IR receiver. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
What about new batteries for the remote?
What kind of screen (plasma)? My plasma puts out all kinds of interference (IR receiver blinks when in front of the screen). Placing it behind the screen in the shade (so to speak) really improved the situation.
New batteries did nothing, plus the remote works fine with my other components so I do not think that is the issue.

It is a plasma screen. I have it on the wall, then there is a media tower to the left of it with my other components. I am not having issues with any other components in the tower using the same remote, and the xbox used to work fine in there as well.
The receiver might be using the wrong carrier frequency, nothing to do but get a different usb receiver or solder in a different IR receiver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Range Issues With Philips IR Receiver0