Blank screen with Aeon skin on Windows 7
Exclamation 
Hi there, my first post.

I've searched for asolution, but havent found any, so now I'll post my problem in a new thread.

I've installed XBMC on a brand new Windows 7 mchine based on nvidia ION motherboard.

When using the "Aeon" skin at first i works just fine, but after XBMC restart the screen goes blank. It shows a dialog Aeon dialog window for a split second, and then nothing happens.

When removing the Aeon skin it return to the standard skin just ok.

I've triede mediastream and confluense with no problems, but with Aeon it wont start up?

I'm using xbmc-r27997-trunk and the newest Aeon.

Can anyone help me please?
probably a buggy svn-version. You should try others to see if the problem still exist. I'm using [28917] and everything works great (skin level, but there are still bugs).
Tested and stable (before the merge) is the 28256 build.
LE: what do you mean by "newest aeon"? I hope it's one of his branches (Aeon65, Ekim's or Showmix) because the old aeon might be unstable on newest xbmc builds.
sergiocos Wrote:probably a buggy svn-version. You should try others to see if the problem still exist. I'm using [28917] and everything works great (skin level, but there are still bugs).
Tested and stable (before the merge) is the 28256 build.
LE: what do you mean by "newest aeon"? I hope it's one of his branches (Aeon65, Ekim's or Showmix) because the old aeon might be unstable on newest xbmc builds.

I am on the most recent build and I also have this problem, but it is on an XP machine. Any ideas?
I'm using 27 build because i had problems with the scrapers in the newest build. They are gone when editing source? Anybody who knows something about this?

I've triede several versions of Aeon, but ill give your link a try.
it worked with the recommended build and aeon version
If you close the XBMC application and restart it again, does it work properly the second time? If so; a friend of mine had this problem too (black screen on startup) and I solved it with a quick dirty fix of delaying the startup. You could make a .bat file to do this. I just made a delay with Eventghost. You'll have to delay the startup for at least 20 seconds for it to work (weirD).
Disable mouse in XBMC, it worked for me...
having the same issue here

I'm using svn 28256. Downloaded stark .91 from here.

After downloading and copying files to the correct location, I ran xbmc and selected Aeon as the skin...then i was prompted to click through a tutorial about aeon...after that ended aeon was now the new skin...looked beautiful.

Since I wasn't able to use my mouse in aeon, I had to alt-tab out of xbmc, then rt-click/close to shut down xbmc

All subsequent attempts to run xbmc result in a black/black screen.

Just wondering -- The wiki says to install skins to C:\Users\[my-account]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin, but I see the default skins located in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\skin. Which is the preferred/correct folder?

Thanks!
B0Besh Wrote:Disable mouse in XBMC, it worked for me...

Wasn't clear on what this meant earlier (since my mouse wasn't working in aeon already), but now it all makes sense. After disabling the mouse, and then going back to aeon, its working perfectly. Thanks!

I guess aeon doesn't have an option to close the app? I guess I won't really need to once i go live on an htpc.
B0Besh ... You are a champion! I had the exact same issue under Lucid Lynx, this is a minimal install ... and never even plugged in a darn mouse to the machine!

On restart of XBMC (whether reboot or I rebooted through console) ... no love! I never thought about that little doodad, even though the cursor would appear when starting.

Finally all my niggling issues resolved. Final backup. Done. Now stop touching it or I'll go blind! ... or am I confusing that with something else?
disable mouse and then it works for me..but have to check it out with new builds and see whether the problem still exisits!
there's another option as well, delete the skin folder that's causing the trouble and xbmc will boot up with the default confluence skin and you should be back running in no time

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blank screen with Aeon skin on Windows 70