Stop auto detecting resolution and add 50Hz refresh rates
I asked this question a few weeks ago, but due to the power outage, it's gone, along with the answer (which I didn't memorize unfortunately Sad ).

Apparently there's something you can change in the X Windows configuration file that will add the 50Hz refresh rate resolutions to the list of available resolutions in the XBMC configuration options. Apparently it disabled some sort of auto detecting and I'm guessing since it can't auto detect the best available resolutions it lists all resolutions including the ones with 50Hz refresh rates.

Thanks,
Harry
I tried Google Cache, and fortunately it still had the answer post to my original question, so in case anyone else is interested, here it is:

Original Post:
Quote:Is there a way to select or force a different refresh rate than what's listed in the XBMC options under Resolution? I'm displaying thing at 1280x720 @ 60hz to my projector, but I'd like to switch this to 50hz, but that refresh rate is not listed in XBMC. Is there any way to force this or to add that rate to the list of available resolutions. Btw, I'm running XBMC svn 28256 setup on Ubuntu 9.10 using the new xci script.

Thanks,
Harry

Answer Post by harryzimm:
Quote:You could try adding the modes section and "1280x720_50" to xorg.conf.

example:

Code:
Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"
    Option         "DynamicTwinView" "False"
    Option         "NoLogo" "True"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24