help with get_iplayer perl script on windows
Hi there!

not sure if this is quite the right thread to post in, so please feel free to move me Smile

I recently found the iplayer plugin for xbmc, and got it to work on my linux box with the get_iplayer script and posted it here afterwhich a few peeps were asking how to make it work on windows. Now linuxcentre isn't hosting the .exe anymore, so i thought i'd take a look. its written in perl so should be pretty much cross platform... but i am not in anyway a programmer or particularly friendly with the windows command line!

I think i'm almost there... but when i run the script via cmd i get an error:
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>perl C:\get_iplayer.cgi --port=1935 --get_iplayer=C:\get_iplayer
[b]DEBUG: Command: "C:\get_iplayer" --nopurge --nocopyright --listplugins
'"C:\get_iplayer"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.[/b]
INFO: Listening on 0.0.0.0:1935
WARNING: Insecure Remote access is allowed, use --listen=127.0.0.1 to limit to this host only
Terminating on signal SIGINT(2)

it looks like it doesn't recognise the get_iplayer file as the get_iplayer file!! i have tried with quotes and with putting "perl" right after the --get_iplayer= bit and then the path, but i'm obviously missing something?

both scripts can be found here but when i extracted them from the .deb package it had a slightly different structure ie subfolders with /usr/bin/get_iplayer etc... but the two core files get_iplayer and get_iplayer.cgi seem identical.

i understand that if i do make this work it is gonna be a bit messy with cmd boxes open everywhere! but i kinda got my head tangled in it now Wink

any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help with get_iplayer perl script on windows0