Enabling DXVA (i'm a noob)
Hi
How can i enable DXVA? As my cpu is at 80% (sorry i'm a noob)

I have a
Radeon 9500 512meg
AMD 64 3000+ (just bought a 3700 but waiting on delivery)
2 gig ram

With theses installed
Windows 7 x86
xbmc-9.11.exe
XBMCSetup-Rev27556-dx.exe

Is there a doc i can download and read? Or something?

Thanks allot
a radeon 9500 cannot do DXVA. So you can't enable it.
Hi
Thanks for the quick replay

I've just been looking at a ATi HD 4650 AGP to replace the card.

It seems to be in the list of supported cards so just hope this will fix my issue.
i would go for nvidia if possible, not sure if they made any agp cards with DXVA.

I say this, as at the moment the DXVA is in it's early stages and works more often on nvidia cards. The ATi card is a great card, so go for it if it's a good price. You can always use DSPlayer.

http://www.nvidia.com/docs/CP/11036/Pure...arison.pdf heres some info on nvidia cards.
To counter, I would recommend one of the ATI 5xxx series cards

DXVA will be improved in time, and these 5xxx series cards have bitstreaming.. big plus! (though not yet used in XBMC)
Eldorado Wrote:To counter, I would recommend one of the ATI 5xxx series cards

DXVA will be improved in time, and these 5xxx series cards have bitstreaming.. big plus! (though not yet used in XBMC)

good point, but the OP needs an AGP card. I would say go for the ATi. I'm not even sure that the agp nvidias do proper dxva.
Try to find a PCI (yeah plain old pci) nvidia 8400gs, they do exist, not sure if the pci bus cripples them for dxva tho.
neil.j1983 Wrote:good point, but the OP needs an AGP card. I would say go for the ATi. I'm not even sure that the agp nvidias do proper dxva.

Ah.. missed the AGP part, they still make/sell AGP cards? Smile
I'm very happy with the ASUS AH3450 AGP I bought this summer. It doesn't work with XBMC yet (only the DSplayer version) but it works great with MPC-HC, PotPlayer, Boxee, PowerDVD...etc.
Athlon XP 2800+ (MMX, SSE, 3Dnow) - ATI HD3450 AGP - Windows 7 Professional 32bits
Eldorado Wrote:Ah.. missed the AGP part, they still make/sell AGP cards? Smile

Yep there still making them but i think the 4650 is the last one.

I think i'll be buying one in the next week or two as i'm waiting for my voucher from ebay Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enabling DXVA (i'm a noob)0