[LIVE] removable disks not showing up all of a sudden?
hiSmile

running xbmc live with the alaska skin on an asrock 330, i was using 9.11 stable but am now on the latest svn, having used the xci auto installer script.

they were showing up previously as i had the screensaver folder on there, but now none of them show up.

i've tried updating to the latest svn, reverting back to stable and i'm now back on the latest svn. also tried rmoving them and different usb ports etc but to no avail.

any advice guys?? have a had a search but can't find anything:confused2:
turn on the debug logg and check if the disks are now seen as non removable. Thats the problem I have. The problem occurs when some none xbmc components are installed/upgraded. That's we it does not help to donwgrade back to stable xbmc.
thansk for the replySmile

i'll take a look now..

so is there anyway around this apart from a full reinstall??

edit: i've turned on debugging but how do i check the disks?
Quote:edit: i've turned on debugging but how do i check the disks?
If you check the log you will see a lot of lines talking about /dev/sdb or what ever the disk is called.
The system is checking the properties on everything he can detect.
e.g. mounted false removable false
Normally you would expect the removable flag to be true for a usb disk and I think thats why it does not mount. (I think)

Quote:so is there anyway around this apart from a full reinstall??
If you have the same problem I have not been able to fix it.

If you have permission problems that should show in the log as well and that is eady to fix.
i had this problem too and was able to fix it by removing 'nodiskmount' from the GRUB initiation file...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=331490&postcount=1
Quote:i had this problem too and was able to fix it by removing 'nodiskmount' from the GRUB initiation file...
Yes, because then also non removable disks are mounted. I thought it only worked on boot, but I dont remember if I tested it or not.
my disk has started randomly unmounting....grr..

vikjon0 Wrote:If you have permission problems that should show in the log as well and that is eady to fix.

can you describe these kinds of issues and how to fix them? this is the first thing i want to try.
no help to you i'm afraid, but i ended up doing a full reinstall with 9.11 stable.

tbh this has put me off trying to use the latest svnSad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] removable disks not showing up all of a sudden?0