Stutter or pause on HD and SD with ATV/Broadcom?
Let me start by saying thanks to all the talented programmers who continue to drive the XBMC project. I've been a dedicated fan since my XBOX days and thanks to my little ATV, XBMC continues to be the coolest piece of technology in my house. Thanks for all your efforts.

Here's my problem: I am getting brief video freezes on both HD and SD material. For HD stuff, I only run 720p mkv's and most play very smoothly, but I do get 3-4 second pauses in the video frequently (say every 5 minutes or so), then it skips a bit and catches up. Not all files do it. I did see this problem with some SD XVID files even before I installed my CrystalHD card and drivers. Lots of my mkv files do it. I don't THINK these glitches are related to the CrystalHD card.

I am running ATV 2.02, , Launcher 3.2.3, XBMC r28256, CrystalHD Driver r26, with HDMI for audio and video

I ran an episode of Breaking Bad for a couple of minutes and it froze 2 or 3 times. (XVID, mp3 audio). Here is the mediainfo:
http://pastebin.com/kJQNzzuL

Here is the XBMC log:
http://pastebin.com/pybmBTqy

I have been puzzling over this for quite a while. I initially thought it might be a media problem. The files are on a 1.5 TB external USB drive. To troubleshoot, I have tried them on the internal ATV HD (160 GB) and a different external USB hard drive and still see the problem (though I think the internal drive is a LITTLE better than the externals).

Any ideas what I should do next?

With the CrystalHD card, I am so close to video-nirvana. If I solve this, I may never have to leave the house again!

Cheers,

Craig
bigjuggler Wrote:Any ideas what I should do next?

Wait for the next milestone (10.05) http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap Wink
I think everyone here is experiencing issues with some movies at the moment.

bigjuggler Wrote:I am running ATV 2.02

Typo? You mean 3.02, don't you?
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
Bobby Blixberg Wrote:Wait for the next milestone (10.05)
Typo? You mean 3.02, don't you?

Yes, a typo. I am running ATV 2.2.

Cheers,

Craig
Have not looked into the log but this has nothing to do with crystalHD as Xvid is decoded via ffmpeg
Try going back to an official release and see if you still have problems
Skiploopfilter set to 48 is excessive try changing it to default 8
there are many audio packets skipped and the duplicated as the ATV could not play the file but an xvid at 1000 kbits is something that can be played easily
interceptor121 Wrote:Skiploopfilter set to 48 is excessive try changing it to default 8
there are many audio packets skipped and the duplicated as the ATV could not play the file but an xvid at 1000 kbits is something that can be played easily

Brilliant! Thank you interceptor121. I have changed the skiploopfilter back to 8 and it seems to have done the trick (I have not tested it extensively, but have yet to see the stutter in the last 45 minutes of viewing).

I had set it to 48 back when I was trying to coax my unaltered "stock" ATV into handling the occassional 720p mkv file (this did work on a few files) but now that I have the Broadcom card, it is no longer needed and, apparently problematic.

This seems to have solved my dilemma.

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stutter or pause on HD and SD with ATV/Broadcom?0