New Build: v0.6.7
dan1son Wrote:No... the device name is eth0. The rest of the information is telling you about the device, eth0. If it lists an IP address that's probably the one you're using. The "lo" device is localhost... it won't be that one.

'man ifconfig' to learn more about that command.

Thanks. I'll read up on that. In the mean time...I hear that a WOL function is being implemented into the next version of XBMC. I'll wait for that. Big Grin

But, it'd be cool if you guys could implement the WOL function into the Remote App. That would eliminate the need for a secondary app off the market.Nod

Edit: Nevermind...I guess the feature is already in there. LoL. Oops. Now...to get my box running right....

Edit: Figured it out. There was an option of Deep Sleep that I overlooked and didn't take into consideration. I disabled it and now...WOL works on OFF/Suspend/Hibernate.
When using WOL I keep getting a :

I/O Exception (java.net.SocketException) - No route to host - error.

What does that mean? WOL works and everything...
The I/O Exception is thrown when we the host isn't up and running. Just wait until it is ready and hit connect.
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
the_alien Wrote:The I/O Exception is thrown when we the host isn't up and running. Just wait until it is ready and hit connect.

I thought that was the purpose of the 'Wait after WOL in seconds'. I set it to 42 seconds...and I can see it counting down...then it connects automatically after 42 seconds. I get I/O exception error...right about 3-5 seconds after I hit Power On.

I don't know what the 'Socket read timeout in milliseconds' does...but I was hoping it had something to do with the I/O Exception that I was getting. Not sure if it even works because I also set that to 42 seconds...and I still get the Exception.

On another note...why are the WOL settings clear when I go back into the settings...minus the Mac Address. (The Socket read timeout is reset to default...and Wait for WOL and WOL Port are cleared).

Never had that error pop up before I got the WOL settings to work.
Hmmm yeah, the first connect (which starts right after starting the app) isn't canceled and that one shows the error. Will fix that one.
A suggestion would be to connect every 3-5sec when countdown. And use the countdown as a timeout instead of waiting for it and then try to connect only once. The The I/O Exception should be discard during the countdown of course.
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
Just installed this version and the WOL settings are not being saved/displayed correctly. When I open an Host settings, the WOL settings are empty.

Also, this was closed and marked as fixed:
http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem...ail?id=128

Still, every field on the host settings that only takes a number, does not show the numpad instead.
Numpad will only come up for numeric input fields and you can't enter an IP anymore. Pretty much a showstopper.
I've seen this in another app. A number-only keyboard and the ability to type several dots, in an IP number. So the function seems to be possible on Android 1.5. But if I could remember which app it would be more of a help. Sorry that I cant help you more then that. Smile Maybe store it as a string instead of a decimal?
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
the_alien Wrote:Numpad will only come up for numeric input fields and you can't enter an IP anymore. Pretty much a showstopper.
It doesn't come up for numeric fields with me and I don't understand why can't you enter an IP address, isn't the dot there? What else do you need? Or it doesn't allow that input format?
You can also enter a hostname. And really, if that's your only problem then I'm glad for you it's working so well.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
It's not a "problem", it's a feature suggestion to improve the interface.

Ok, you have a point with the hostname. Sill, all other fields that only take numbers, should show the numpad. Like the timeout and ports.

But I'll give you a problem too lol, the WOL settings are not being saved/displayed Tongue
I've tested it just right now. All numerical fields come up with the numpad by default. Can you give us a screenshot what happens, along with version info of your phone and XBMC Remote?

WOL: That's Mikkle & the_alien Smile
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Yeah already noticed the WOL stuff and entered it in the tracker.
Just noticed something very annoying...

The app process keeps popping up on my task manager with an "empty" status, which means it's not doing anything. And I'm not sure it ever did because I don't have any option enabled that would require the app to be running on the background.

Why the process keeps popping up?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Build: v0.6.70