Can not get 1080 with Sony Amp
So I have been trying to get the NVidia Ion Optimized XBMC Live to run correctly installed on the hard drive. My first problem seems to be getting 1080p Video to display. I followed the instructions on how to while it was connected directly to my TV and it worked the first try. I then connected it to my Sony Amp and nothing displayed. If I pull up a terminal then it will, but not the main screen. I deleted everything I added to the xorg file and tried the process over again while still connected to the amp but it would just give me the same information I typed originally and still not work. The only difference now is it is saying something about it hsync being out of range of the amp but "will be ignored and still valid".

I honestly think it is the amp itself... It will try and resize video out to the TV Standards, 480, 720, 1080, and there is no way to turn it off from what Ive seen. My TV seems to be able to handle just about any resolution a PC can throw at it.

I didnt have this issue running Windows on the same system with the same configuration with XBMC running ontop of that, but I think that is because all of the video out was handled by the Windows video drivers.

If anyone can give me a clue on what to try next, Im out of ideas.
Reinstalled and started from scratch again instead of TV first. I still get the same error.

Code:
Validating Mode "1920x1080":
1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Mode Source: X Server
  Pixel Clock      : 138.50 MHz
  HRes, HSyncStart : 1920, 1968
  HSyncEnd, HTotal : 2000, 2080
  VRes, VSyncStart : 1080, 1083
  VSyncEnd, VTotal : 1088, 1111
  H/V Polarity     : +/-
HorizSync (66.6 kHz) out of range (15.000-46.000 kHz);
    however, ignoring HorizSync check for DFP frontend
    mode validation
BestFit Scaled and BestFit AspectScaled are identical;
    collapsing BestFit AspectScaled.
BestFit Centered and BestFit Scaled are identical;
    collapsing BestFit Scaled.
BestFit Centered         1920x1080
Horizontal Taps        0
Vertical Taps          0
Base SuperSample       1
Base Depth             32
Distributed Rendering  1
Overlay Depth          32
Mode is valid.

This is the only 1920x1080 that is valid. Again, it works when connected directly to the TV, but not to the Amp then TV. The only difference is this line isnt there when connected to the tv.

Code:
HorizSync (66.6 kHz) out of range (15.000-46.000 kHz);
    however, ignoring HorizSync check for DFP frontend
    mode validation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can not get 1080 with Sony Amp0