how to install mumbles
Total noob Shocked here coming from a windows environment. I have windows home server and use growl on all my home clients. I am now trying xmbc live on two clients and like it.

Question: How can I install mumbles, which is a growl for windows type application, on xmbc live? Mumbles is deb package, but I know nothing about how to get it installed (along with any prereqs).

I know I can use winSCP to get onto the live box (xmbc is ID and PW). But, beyond that I'm a bit clueless. Does anyone have any pointers that might get me started? Or, is this not even possible?

Thanks.
jk12 Wrote:Total noob Shocked here coming from a windows environment. I have windows home server and use growl on all my home clients. I am now trying XBMC live on two clients and like it.

Question: How can I install mumbles, which is a growl for windows type application, on XBMC live? Mumbles is deb package, but I know nothing about how to get it installed (along with any prereqs).

I know I can use winSCP to get onto the live box (XBMC is ID and PW). But, beyond that I'm a bit clueless. Does anyone have any pointers that might get me started? Or, is this not even possible?

Thanks.

Personally I use PuTTY to talk to my XBMC console, WinSCP's console just doesn't do it for me...

I don't think that XBMC even uses Gnome, so a Gnome specific program isn't going to get very far unless you install the full gnome-desktop package, but that kinda defeats the purpose of XBMC-live being a quick to boot appliance like experience...

Anyhoo, sudo apt-get install gnome-desktop will install the full gnome desktop environment and allow you to run mumbles...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to install mumbles0