Ideas/suggestions for the new button bar
tonight? :o great!!! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:    :kickass:
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
great work jonathan! :bowdown: i'm looking forward to adding this to my skin :d

ph03n1x
great work. i'm realy looking forward to this improvment.
i think it will be great. the next cvs checkout i do i hope
i get the new xlink code to. will be a major upgrade.
 :kickass:

edit:
stupid me didn't try to checkout a new version of the source because when browsing the cvs tree from the web it didn't show any new files.. so go get it now  :thumbsup:

edit 2:
now i feel stupid  Blush it looks like the anon cvs server is still not up to date  Image
forget halo 2 this gets me more exited.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
:o then i should start to make my new skin, he? :nuts:
just committed. enjoy.

please let me know any issues/problems that arise.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

you rock!

it works absolutely perfectly as far as i can tell. :d

then only suggestion i can think of is maybe adding some comments to xboxmediacenter.xml so people can easily tell what each button is?

screenshot:
yeah - was going to do that. the trouble with that, though, is that the xboxmediacenter.xml is updated when the user edits the scroller from within xbmc (using the context menu). thus, any comments will be destroyed.

i thought i'd do a <description> tag that is filled if the <label> tag is a reference to strings.xml. i'll get on to it.

also, i plan to change the numerical window references to strings at some stage, but haven't yet decided on the best method.

cheers,
jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

xboxmediacenter.xml gets edited from within xbmc? damn, will break my current setup of always transferring a fresh cvs copy of the xml when i update

it only gets edited if you rearrange the buttons/change defaults/remove buttons etc. if you don't touch the layout, nothing will be altered.

i may or may not end up removing the ability to alter it from the gui - haven't made my mind up yet. am basically waiting for the early adopters to play around with it a bit and generate some opinions on it.

white of course is the button to press to popup the context menu for altering the buttons, as per usual.

cheers,
jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ideas/suggestions for the new button bar0