XBMC freezes every day
I have been using the XBMC for about a month without problems on a Ubuntu linux, but since about a week ago it developed a strange behavior. I can start and watch movies without trouble. Next day I come to watch another one, XBMC is still working. But as soon as I click on any movie file, it freezes. I need to kill it, start again, then it works.

Any ideas how to fix it?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655
That is strange
I had a problem with the exact same description for a long time.
XBMC worked fine, but after an extended time idle, it froze when starting a playback. I could navigate around without any problem before, but at the moment i started playback it froze. Checked the OS, and it was still running. Checked the XBMC log and no indication of the problem.

Found out by chance it was related to my NAS. Or spesifically the harddrive powersaving feature. When the disks were suspended, they wouldnt wake up quick enough for XBMC. Seems XBMC didnt really crash, but rather was just waiting for a response that never came. Or something... dont really know for sure. Have also read that my NAS disks has some suspend issues (WD2002FYPS) so it could be that.

Anyways... disabled the suspend feature on the NAS and problem went away. Guess I just have to burn some extra juice to keep from getting annoyed ay my system. worth it though Rolleyes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC freezes every day0