• 6(current)
Yahoo launch ?!
(d.i.z @ dec. 26 2004,19:53 Wrote:btw.
this action:
action_y_button = 0

is also invoked while pressing triggers or blackbutton. not a big problem but could be annoying.
what code should we change it for y button only then. cheers
those codes are simply the ids of the actions in keymap.xml (not actually button codes). since the script window doesnt have its own section in keymap.xml (though i think you can add this if you know the script window id) all python scripts just use the global key bindings.

you can see that no action is assigned to y globally so it triggers the blank action code 0 along with all other globally unbound buttons (black, triggers too maybe).

-ast
(asteron @ dec. 28 2004,08:20 Wrote:those codes are simply the ids of the actions in keymap.xml (not actually button codes). since the script window doesnt have its own section in keymap.xml (though i think you can add this if you know the script window id) all python scripts just use the global key bindings.

you can see that no action is assigned to y globally so it triggers the blank action code 0 along with all other globally unbound buttons (black, triggers too maybe).

-ast
that was my theory too, but the triggers are defined in the global section, so i dont understand why they would work the same as pressing the y button.
i am so happy, i use this script about 2 hours a day!

anyway, i think the "y" button is good to add favorites, it is in sync w/ xbmc file manager Smile

but sometimes, when your scroll w/ the left/right trigger, it like adds or deletes something, i am not sure which.

also, you really should change the "x" button! why? because if you are playing a video, and you press the "x" button, it will take you back to the lauch script - then if i want to delete a song and press "x" again, xbmc will take me back to the video.

so the only way to delete a listing while watching a video is to go to the button. annoying.
the best way to do the y button is to go into keymap.xml,
add another entry into the global section with some unused number for the id and set it to y (the description doesnt matter)

and change the def in the script of action_y to that same number.

0 will always be unreliable since it is the default value of any unassigned button.
as for the triggers activating it... i bet the triggers send two events.. one analog one digital and only one is bound.
hey flash... i've been reading through this script.. there's some pretty neat stuff in there :-) that specifying user agent thing is pretty smart cause who knows when yahoo will block python. i see you did end up manually doing the navigation. that must of been really fun :-)

its a shame that window.getfocus() don't work so you wouldnt have to keep track of all that. theres a bug i found in the xbmc module (its in the dev forum) but who knows how long until everyone gets a new version.
(asteron @ dec. 30 2004,04:33 Wrote:hey flash... i've been reading through this script.. there's some pretty neat stuff in there :-) that specifying user agent thing is pretty smart cause who knows when yahoo will block python. i see you did end up manually doing the navigation. that must of been really fun :-)

its a shame that window.getfocus() don't work so you wouldnt have to keep track of all that. theres a bug i found in the xbmc module (its in the dev forum) but who knows how long until everyone gets a new version.
fun is probally not the word i would use but it gets the job done. there must be a better way of doing it but for now it will do. i nearly always use the remote control for navigating around the script so i dont get to see the errors with the controller keys...i'll see if i can make some changes...suggestions for buttons to use then?
great script!
an option to download the videos would be nice.
for now i add the videos i want to favorites and
get the mms urls from that text file, then use
mmsclient to download the streams.
(asteron @ dec. 30 2004,05:33 Wrote:that specifying user agent thing is pretty smart cause who knows when yahoo will block python.
well, the videos requests are still made with normal header ('pylib v...' or sth) i guess.
so they still can block it if the wanna.
(catohagen @ jan. 01 2005,16:31 Wrote:an option to download the videos would be nice.
that would be nice :o
(warriorsan @ jan. 02 2005,18:45 Wrote:
(catohagen @ jan. 01 2005,16:31 Wrote:an option to download the videos would be nice.
that would be nice :o
unfortunately its not possible as its a stream and not a movie file on the server. there are ways in which mplayer can save streams locally but that functioality is not available in the scripting world.
ok..

unless someone ports mmsclient to xbox and then calls it
from launch script with mms url as argument  :thumbsup:

anyway, its a big help with the mms urls in the favorites.

python is very similar to arexx which i've been programming
scripts in for years on amiga, i should try and make some
scripts but where can i find docs on python xbmc spesific
stuff ? i tried to just simply download a picture from
internet and displaying it, but i couldnt even manage to
download the complete image, only the 20480 first bytes

:nuts:
xbmc python api http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs....ocs.rar (click download)
python quick reference http://rgruet.free.fr/pqr2.3.html
best thing to do is to look at the scripts already out there to see how stuff is done.
-ast
(catohagen @ jan. 03 2005,22:09 Wrote:
flash,jan. 03 2005,09:09 Wrote:
ok..

unless someone ports mmsclient to xbox and then calls it
from launch script with mms url as argument :thumbsup:

anyway, its a big help with the mms urls in the favorites.

python is very similar to arexx which i've been programming
scripts in for years on amiga, i should try and make some
scripts but where can i find docs on python xbmc spesific
stuff ? i tried to just simply download a picture from
internet and displaying it, but i couldnt even manage to
download the complete image, only the 20480 first bytes

:nuts:
there is a download_pic function in the launchscript which should show you how to do that
i just spent a few minutes creating a new background image (720 x 480) using the default project mayhem ii file and applying the new launch logo. nothing fantastic but it fits better with the rest of xbmc now with the same look and feel...

is there a good place i can upload this image to for others to grab ?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yahoo launch ?!0