a blank(white) screen while playing video
hello,

I have used XBMC on my old pc for some time by now,
I have used it on windows 2000 with XBMC atlantes 8.10 and it worked just fine.

recently, after a memory upgrade I decided to move to windows XP in order to use the latest XBMC version available.

I tired to use XBMC 9.11 . all is working fine except for the one important thing: while I try to play any kind of video , instead of the video it self I just get a blank screen....the audio works, and all the menu button appear to be fine.

I understood that I'm not the first to have this problem, however I failed to find a solution for it.

I also tried the "xbmc-r28256-trunk" version. and the results were the same.
however the most recent version that is working is "XBMC_for_Windows-9.04.1-repack2". and beside some bugs , it works.

I can only guess that this issue relates to open gl /DX .....

my spec:
CPU : Intel Pentium III , 667MHZ
Memory: 512 MB pc133
Graphic Card: Elsa Gladiac 511 - MX200/400
driver Installed: 93.71_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql
Current XBMC running: 9.04.1-repack2

If any other Info required , I'll be happy to add it.

Thank You, Nitzan
iv had this problem on a few laptops and old pc's and i put it down to it being an old graphics card and i just gave up as they not my laptops or pc's
these new builds are direct x maybe ya graphics aint good enough you could try an openGL build see if that makes any difference

paul
Your graphics card doesn't provide the "Pixel Shader 2.0" support required by the DirectX builds of XBMC. The best fix is to get a newer video card, preferably one supporting DXVA2. A less good but workable fix is to use an OpenGL build of XBMC. There's an OpenGL version of 9.11 at xbmcmce.sourceforge.net, or newer builds are around. Search this forum for places to download them.

JR
ok, thats what I thought.....

thx for the answers, I prefer not to replace my graphic card as the point was to make my old pc an HTPC without additional cost...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
a blank(white) screen while playing video0