Duplicate entries - but not the question that has been asked 100 times
Hi

I think I must be doing something wrong.

I've got an Acer Revo, and running XBMC Live from a USB stick and I'm trying to add my music to the library.

When I scan for content, it runs through and updates the library, but then, it seems to start from the beginning again, and start to add duplicate entries.

I have a fair few mp3's, so I set it scanning and go off and do something else. I happened to come back after an hour or so, and noticed it was only up to artists starting with B. So I stopped it, and sure enough, all the entries from A to B, were duplicated, the rest were fine.

Is there anything that would cause it to run through twice like this ?

I'm new to XBMC, so if there are any logs any place that can help, let me know.

Thanks
The only way you get duplicates in the music library is if you have 2 paths pointing to the same files. Check in your music database file itself using something like Sqlitespy.

Also, if it's taking forever, turn off the internet fetching stuff - it's much better to get things in to the library based purely on the tags first before looking for artist and album info online.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:The only way you get duplicates in the music library is if you have 2 paths pointing to the same files. Check in your music database file itself using something like Sqlitespy.

Also, if it's taking forever, turn off the internet fetching stuff - it's much better to get things in to the library based purely on the tags first before looking for artist and album info online.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan

Thanks for that - Sqlitespy was the key.

Before I ran the update to my ID3 tags, I used GoodSync to backup my data, and using sqlitespy, I could see it actually placed a hidden folder into my directory containing a copy of every file before the sync.

Deleted this hidden folder and now it's working as expected!

Thanks for your help again.

All the best.

Paul

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate entries - but not the question that has been asked 100 times0