Video Settings - help needed
If Im using a live install on an Acer Revo R3610 which video options are best? and in what way do they change things... I seem not to be getting a smooth scroll on a 42" sony bravia 1080p tv Smile

all files are MKV 1080p some DXVA others normal

RENDER METHOD
- VDPAU or Auto?

ADJUST DISPLAY REFRESH TO MATCH VIDEO
- enable | disable?

SYNC Playback
- enable | disable

Huh
VDPAU and auto do the same thing in your case.
The other two remove video playback jitter/judder, so it's nice to have them on.
could there be any other reason for a not smooth scroll when the screen pans down or across?
this is drivong me mad, ive tried every combination and even re-installed XBMC Live...

If you watch say a dreamworks 1080p MKV or Pixar 1080p MKV the initial start where it scrolls seems to stop start (judder) every 1-2 seconds....

anyone?
Please post a full debug log.
of course, before I do, I've done extensive testing and if i disable DTS the judder goes away.... however the films with DTS obviously don't have proper sound.......

why would that be?
The log will tell.
is there an easy way i can do it now?
debug log here file testing is Cars around 15:27:49

thanks for your help

this is a DTS mkv
The problem is you're playing a 23.976 fps video with the refreshrate set at 50 hertz, that will always look like shit.

You can either disable passthrough and set the sync method to resample to get the cinema to pal speedup, or follow this howto: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70068
thanks i'll read that in a sec, however what frame frate do normal peeps use then? and why do the other films look okay that are not DTS?
That depends if passthrough is used or not.
okay bobo1on1 i ran the script, that now gives me 60hz but when DTS is enabled i still get a stuter. I disable DTS and it's gone....
DTS Enbled Log

DTS Disabled Log

Thanks for all your help
Same issue, there's no 24 hertz refreshrate available so it picks 50 instead (it would be better to pick 60 but it doesn't do that yet).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Settings - help needed0