Video Settings - help needed
im really confussed, appeciate all your help, but confused..... why is only when DTS is enabled?
If you disable DTS xbmc can resample the audio so it can speed up the video to 25 fps.
thanks, so am i right in thinking nobody can play DTS then? and is it better just going for the normal 1080p MKV's?
What? No, you can play DTS just fine, it's the mismatch between the refreshrate and the video fps that is causing the jerky video.
so the million dollar question is how do i fix it and remove the stutter.... i've followed the link you provided to the letter

it's not like i'm getting any fancy encodes or doing something out of the ordinary....
You need to make sure the 24 hertz modeline works or disable adjust refreshrate.
your very patient and i'm very greatfull.... but im a n00b and am unsure on what to change.....

also when i press O when watching a file, i obviously notice the 24fps, but am i looking for the 50 to change to 60 ?

thanks again
You followed this howto: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70068
It involves adding a few modes to xorg.conf, the 24 hertz mode is not working.

I don't know how to fix that though.
I may be stupid, but I just checked my TV... KDL40W2000 and it doesnt support 24hz so should I be watching the blurays in 60 or 50hz ?

Also, when I select O on the screen when a film is on, what should I be looking for?

Thanks, im actually now learning something...

Smile
I run xbmc in 1080p @ 60Hz and then enable sync to display using the audio clock method ( I use audio passthrough).

I don't use the "adjust display refresh" feature.

Most of my movies are in 24fps and it works great with no stuttering.

Make sure to :

disable composite
disable dynamictwinview
disable tripplebuffer
set flatpanel to native scaling

I think an xorg.conf with those options in might be in JumJum's thread.
so am i wrong in all my films being 24fps and running them at 60hz?
If you don't have 24 hertz then 60 hertz is your best choice, sadly adjust refreshrate doesn't work right yet when you only have 50 and 60 hertz refreshrates.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Settings - help needed0