"Dexter" Video accelerates out of control
Hey everyone,

I think I might have found a bug. Has anyone tried to play the TV show "Dexter" through XBMC? I have my dvd's for the show backed up into iso's and they are streamed from a samba share (drobo share) to my apple TV.

They play fine until I try a navigation function like skip or fast forward but it causes the video to accelerate out of control and get out of sync from the audio. So far both seasons 1 and 2 of the show are having the problem. I'm running a clean install of apple os ver 3 and xbmc 9.11.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Does it do the same thing if you try to play them from something else? Like Quicktime or VLC?
Hey CASHMON3Y, thanks for the reply.

The iso's play fine when I play them through VLC (streamed the same way from my droboshare). I'm running ubuntu 10.04 on my desktop.
this happens to me on most videos i watch. sometimes it is better than others. how do you have your audio set to sync?

to fix the problem, i have always had to stop and restart the video.
Hey pyite,

I have all my dvd's stored on my drobo as iso's so its a very big collection of movies, tv shows, and stuff. So far "Dexter" is the only backup I have that is giving me problems.

And yes, the only way I can fix the problem is if I restart the video file which is only fine until you try to navigate the video at all. I'm not sure how you deal with it because this bug is terribly annoying.

I honestly don't recall changing any audio settings other than setting output to digital and AC-3. Could you tell me where the audio sync settings are? I just looked and couldn't find them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Dexter" Video accelerates out of control0