Customized Home Buttons in Various Skins
Hey all,

I primarily use the Xperience Skin, and I love it. What I am looking for though, is a skin that will let me customize the home screen, so I can add a category for Stand-Up. Right now, I have all my stand-up specials in the Movies Category, and the information scrapes from the Movie Database. I just do not like going through all of my movies to find a Stand-Up and would much prefer to have them in a category all their own. So I guess I have a few questions:

- Does anyone know of a skin that would let me add another category to the Home screen?

- Is there a way this can be accomplished in the Xperience Skin (I know you can add custom home panels for plug-ins, but I am looking to almost duplicate the Movies tab and rename it Stand-Up)

Basically I am looking for a category that will act just like the Movies tab but I can use to separate my stand-up and my movies. Off the top of my head, the ability to duplicate the movies tab and it's properties and just relabel it would be, what I would think, the easiest way to go.

Has anybody been successful doing this? Any suggestions?
Personally Created Stock Footage and Animated Videos for Backgrounds or Screensavers
100+ video files can all be found on my blog: Beachfront B-Roll. All are free.
The clips are a simple "Right click, save" and there is no signup or registering required either.
Off top of my head:

Aeon - Use the two popular mods, the main Aeon is outdated. Allows users to add whatever you have as a favorite to the home menu.

Night - Same as Aeon but only for merge versions

Transparency! - Allows for custom submneus, again might be only merge versions not 100% if also for pre-merge

Minimedia Waffa - Allows something with custom playlists on main menu

Any other skin that doesn't have that option through the skin, there are probably 3-5 solid tutorials and how to do it thru code...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
You can do it in Rapier by following this thread. It involves a little xml, but it's not hard to follow. There's no click'n'point way though.

The same process is probably true for Xperience too, if you just know where to look and what to edit. Have you asked in the Xperience sub-forum?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customized Home Buttons in Various Skins0