Visual preview/designer for screens
not sure if this idea has already been brought up somewhere, or maybe if everyone knows something i don't. for those of you who make modifications to gui screens, or who are designing new skins, how do you do it? simply edit the xml and hope everything comes out just right when you upload it to the xbox? or are there some kind of preview/designer tools?

i'm thinking about creating some kind of simple preview/designer/editor tool for editing screens and viewing them on my pc before i upload them. i think this should be fairly easy to do, at least for a visual preview, if not emulating some of the functionality too. this could also be useful as a kind of style designer. perhaps it could even have some sort of wysiwyg functionality like the forms designer in visual studio. and perhaps it could even be an actual designer integrated into visual studio.

any thoughts?
Cool
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
maybe you can help this guy --> http://xbmc-skinner.xbox-scene.com/

looks very promising, but to be honest both beta versions he released so far didn't work on my machine at all. :p
(refused to load anything).
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Exclamation 
remember that mediaportal (link) is based on xbmc skin/gui engine so that could be used as a base when creating a xbmc skin-editor(?)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
maybe it could in the past, but with the recent (and upcoming) changes to our skinengine, we will move further and further away from mp
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Visual preview/designer for screens0