My XBMCBuntu Guide: HDMI Audio, LIRC, VDPAU working
Thanks for this guide, it was a huge help in getting 5.1 sound to work, though I'm not quite there.

With the exception of the drive partitioning, I followed this guide verbatim and while I am able to get 5.1 multi-channel sound if I do this test:
speaker-test -Dhdmi -c6

But if I do this test:
speaker-test -Dhdmi -c6 -r192000 -FS32_LE

I get stereo sound and one of the rear speakers is coming out of the front-right, while the other isn't even being triggered at all.

I'm not quite sure how to troubleshoot from here. Any suggestions?
Just a couple of things about partitioning:
  1. A very big "/" partition is bad idea. For minimal Ubuntu installation ~6GB should be more than enough. In any case, a 10G "/" partition is just fine for any type of installation.
  2. Always create a "/boot" - I usually go for a 128Mb but normally it requires 50-60Mb.
  3. Always have separate "/home" and doesn't matter how big you go it for.
  4. If you create a number of partitions (for whatever reason) create the swap partition close to the "/home" partition, for the machine where XBMC is the main application.
  5. If you have more than 2G of physical memory, then you don't need anything more that 3GB for swap space.
Hope his helps. cheers!!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q150 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My XBMCBuntu Guide: HDMI Audio, LIRC, VDPAU working0