Active Interface on One Screen Player on the other
I've been searching around and haven't seen anything like this, but is there a way on a single machine that has dual screen output to keep the interface active on one screen but play media selections on the other screen.

The reason I ask is because I have a theater setup with the projector as the primary monitor and I would like a second monitor up close and have the interface on the smaller monitor or wall mounted touch screen, and be able to pick a movie or song and have the movie or visualization displayed on the projector.

This is less of a feature request and more of a "Is it even possible?".
No, I doubt it will ever be added tbh, XBMC is meant to be the interface and player all in a tight bundle, not as 2 seperable components.

However, there are ways you can control xbmc from another monitor or another computer all together.

1: You can bring up webinterface on the second monitor and control xbmc from it, the webinterface is in a serious redo now so hopefully it will be alot smoother to use and perhaps even for touchscreens.

2: Use another client which can talk to xbmc, there are a number of these available for phones (android and iphone) but there exist a very promising touch only one for PC's called YATSE.

In the future it _might_ be possible to control one xbmc from another xbmc making it possible to run 2 instances of xbmc and control just from one to allow xbmc gui to be used in a remote situation, personally I dislike this idea very much but I understand the need for it Smile

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Active Interface on One Screen Player on the other0