XBMC Remote - yup, another stupid question
are xbmc planning on marketing their own remote?

not necessarily branded but certainly recommended to be used across the board with their software.

the benefits are obvious! some of us might end up with lives and girlfriends from he hours saved by not faffing, reading online guides, looking for drivers that don't exist and downloading software that doesn't work for your particular remote!....not to mention the unnatural baldness due to pulling out ones own bloody hair

just curious
Not something we're planning on, no. Pretty much any standard MCE remote works out of the box on Linux or Windows though. The Logitech Harmony's work fine on OS X.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I've just setup the MCE remote on windows and its very easy with this guide.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows

If anyone gets their remote working I think they should write a similar wiki entry like this for their device, there is far too much mis-information on the forums.
Forgot to say, an XBMC branded remote would be very cool.

Some Chinese companies would sure to be interested in that. There are multiple clones on ebay.
Download the XBMC Remote iPhone app for about $3, change two settings in the XBMC install, done. More and better functionality than any IR remote could offer, and about $30 cheaper than buying an MCE remote+IR receiver.
eg4190 Wrote:Download the XBMC Remote iPhone app for about $3, change two settings in the XBMC install, done. More and better functionality than any IR remote could offer, and about $30 cheaper than buying an MCE remote+IR receiver.

do i needan iphone for that?

or is there a windows mobile app to o this?
eg4190 Wrote:Download the XBMC Remote iPhone app for about $3, change two settings in the XBMC install, done. More and better functionality than any IR remote could offer, and about $30 cheaper than buying an MCE remote+IR receiver.

Surely this is only cheaper if you have an iphone or touch? There are those of us that would rather stick pins in our eyes than buy an ipod.

I already have a logitech harmony remote so I bought a mce remote for about £30 and then just set up the harmony to add the mce remote functions. With the xbmc live install the mce remote was all set up out of the box (Had to change a xbox 360 setting though to stop it turning on with xbmc and I think I had to change a linux setting - which was documented well in the xbmc guide- to enable wakeup from usb on my net-top).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote - yup, another stupid question0