[Windows] Outdated wiki information, can someone help with Keymap.xml?
Question 
I'm trying to setup a Sony AV remote control to work with XBMC, and I used IR Server Suite before, but this time for some reason, I can't get the menu button on the remote to emulate a right click. I'm also having a problem sending the Q command to queue, as it instead scrolls me to the directory where the filenames begin with Q.

So I wanted to ditch IR server suite entirely and generate a keymap.xml based on my buttons. However since <displayremotecodes> only works on the Xbox, I followed these instructions.

Enabling debug logging, XBMC generates an xbmc.txt (not .log) in the same directory as the executable. Unfortunately there's nothing about key presses in it, as it appears to only log the startup of the application.

What I did notice, is that is doesn't even bother trying to load the keymap.xml that I have started in my /userdata/keymaps/ directory (I'm using a system install, not user install). So does this feature even exist anymore or am I chasing a ghost? I think I can use the IR codes as recorded by IR Server suite, but I'm really struggling... please don't tell me to just use an MCE remote, I have my entire entertainment center programmed through my one A/V remote.

EDIT:
1. I found that the global config or whatever doesn't matter that it is putting everything in my roaming appdata.
2. Debugger is giving me remoteevents not codes, they look like this: INFO : IRServerSuite, RemoteEvent: Microsoft MCE 650130

How can I remap that in my keymap.xml into an up arrow? <remote><650130>Up</650130></remote>
keymap.xml is no longer used, there are individual keymaps for remote, gamepad, keyboard etc. located in C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps

to be honest though for most stuff on windows your best to install eventghost with xbmc repeater and just map the commands from your remote there.
craigd Wrote:keymap.xml is no longer used, there are individual keymaps for remote, gamepad, keyboard etc. located in C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps

to be honest though for most stuff on windows your best to install eventghost with xbmc repeater and just map the commands from your remote there.

So I'm just using the wrong application? Can I still map sections to my remote, like pressing the guide button displays Movie Information when I'm in the file browser or displays the media info when I'm playing a movie? Stuff like that is the main reason I wanted to edit the Keymap.xml

EDIT: Another big thing I'd really like my remote to do is skip to the next item in the play list when I press the skip button, and not skip the video forward as if I pressed an arrow key! This is a duplicated feature that really needs to be sorted in the main dev I think.
you can do it the old way with the remote keymap. The keymap is the same just been changed to seperate out different devices and location altered.

I find eventghost easier though, it has a plugin for xbmc with almost all the internal actions. it captures your remote presses and you can simply drag the remote id to an action to set it to whatever you want. There's few things that aren't in the repeater but these can be easily added to your custom keymap.

Another thing I'd mention if your using custom keymaps is that unless there is a required reason not to use the standard user install you'll usually loose custom keymaps when upgrading xbmc.

there's a few good threads on how to best set it all up if you search eventghost
craigd Wrote:I find eventghost easier though, it has a plugin for xbmc with almost all the internal actions. it captures your remote presses and you can simply drag the remote id to an action to set it to whatever you want. There's few things that aren't in the repeater but these can be easily added to your custom keymap.

I just installed it and I don't see that.. I see Zoom Player and WinAmp.

craigd Wrote:Another thing I'd mention if your using custom keymaps is that unless there is a required reason not to use the standard user install you'll usually loose custom keymaps when upgrading xbmc.
That's a good thing to know, I will change the security settings to read only once I have it perfected.

craigd Wrote:there's a few good threads on how to best set it all up if you search eventghost

Yeah, I found this and it seems quite outdated. It looks like there needs to be a ton of cleanup work done on the wiki. It's a shame too because the topical organization is much better than a chronological message board.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=EventServer#XBMC

EDIT: OK I found it.. new .. add plugin .. applications XBMC..
see this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=46595 for the xbmc plugin and a guide. I know it says it's for mce remote but the majority of info is generic.
You have to download the XBMC repeater plugin for EventGhost from the EventGhost site.

EventGhost != XBMC EventServer

EventGhost is a third party application and thus has no place in the XBMC manual.
Although there is nothing stopping anyone from writing an EventGhost how-to for the wiki, feel free.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks Craig, this works 100x better than IR Server suite.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Outdated wiki information, can someone help with Keymap.xml?0