[RELEASE] The Pirate Bay Scraper Plugin
Thumbs Up 
Updated to version 1.3.1
Download Link: http://www.xbmczone.com/plugin_details.asp?id=171
This plugin allows you to search torrents on thepiratebay.org and torrentz.com and also to download them.
This works on windows platforms and it might go multiplatform in the future. You must have installed Utorrent 2.0.1 (probably other versions work too, but i didn't test them).
For the web interface to work u need to configure webui:

In the plugin settings u must enter the user and password which you entered in utorrent. the ip and port should work by default if you have utorrent on the same computer with xbmc
Optionally you can disable the utorrent option: << Preferences -> UI settings -> When adding torrents -> Activate the program window >> so that the whole operation is silent.
To set download path you must configure << Utorrent -> Preferences -> Directories -> Location of downloaded files -> Put new downloads in: >>

Remember using torrent is legal , downloading copyrighted material isn't.

v1.3.1
Fixed "select files" because it only worked for the first 10 files inside the torrent. Now it works for 10000 files inside a torrent. Added "Custom selection", you are asked for two numbers, the beginning and the end of the interval, and for priority.

v1.3 changes:
Now the plugin doesn't save torrents in the plugin folder, instead it sends the links to utorrent via webui.

v1.29.0 changes:
Added confirmation messages. In order to ensure that the action is complete you must wait for the confirmation message.
Changed "rename" with "change label" .

v1.27 changes:
Added utorrent web interface. Now the plugin allows to start, stop, pause, resume, recheck, edit label, move down, move up, move top, move bottom, and individual priority selection of each file inside the torrent.

v1.01 changes:
Added support for torrentz.com.This custom search is even better than the site because my plugin adds all existing trackers to the torrent.

I run the plugin on windows 7 as a consequence i cannot test the plugin on other platforms. So i need feedback from all the user who want to test it on other platforms.
There are several posibilities in which you can run the plugin on other platforms:
1) You have a dedicated xbmc machine and a dedicated utorrent machine connected on a network. The dedicated xbmc machine might be even on xbox but the dedicated utorrent machine must support web ui.
2) In linux i think it is possible to run utorrent under wine so if you get it up and running with the webui configured correctly it should work. Both xbmc and utorrent run on the same machine.
3) Using virtual machines i think it is possible to emulate tiny xp with utorrent on linux and mac os x and connect via webui. Both xbmc and utorrent run on the same machine.
4) There is a mac os x utorrent version. It is beta and i don't know if it has a web ui or if it is compatible with my implementation of web ui.
Any user which can test under these conditions or even other send me feedback.
Suggestion - have this work with UtorrentAdder as well (pass the torrent/magnet link to an associated file). This will allow you to feed torrents to a server or something similar and not require uTorrent on the HTPC.
Necromancyr Wrote:Suggestion - have this work with UtorrentAdder as well (pass the torrent/magnet link to an associated file). This will allow you to feed torrents to a server or something similar and not require uTorrent on the HTPC.

Just set utorrent on your network's torrent machine to monitor a certain folder ("black hole" or whatever you wanna call it"). Then share that folder, map the folder as a network drive, and set the torrents on the htpc to download to the network folder.

Easy peasy 1,2,3sy
since my HTPC is also my webserver and downloadmachine, I dont care about it.
I do rely on UtorrentAdder (on my laptop) since I rarely use a keyboard for my htpc.

I have another suggestion: support for torrentz.com !
Perhaps a bit more difficult to parse, since it gives results of various torrentsites.. But this has been my default location for searching torrents that are not automatically downloaded (TVShows go via RSS).
Perhaps a dialog from wich torrentsite you want to download the torrent (after the torrentz.com search).

and another suggestion:
- ability to add a label to newly added torrent
- ability to see the status of current downloads,
- perhaps ability to modify the priority,
- pause individual torrents.
- Stop or pause all torrents (for instance if you want to watch tv stream or online movie trailer via XBMC, you might need the bandwith).

Smile
just ideas! If this is possible I dont need utorrent ui anymore Tongue
zilexa Wrote:since my HTPC is also my webserver and downloadmachine, I dont care about it.
I do rely on UtorrentAdder (on my laptop) since I rarely use a keyboard for my htpc.

I have another suggestion: support for torrentz.com !
Perhaps a bit more difficult to parse, since it gives results of various torrentsites.. But this has been my default location for searching torrents that are not automatically downloaded (TVShows go via RSS).
Perhaps a dialog from wich torrentsite you want to download the torrent (after the torrentz.com search).

and another suggestion:
- ability to add a label to newly added torrent
- ability to see the status of current downloads,
- perhaps ability to modify the priority,
- pause individual torrents.
- Stop or pause all torrents (for instance if you want to watch tv stream or online movie trailer via XBMC, you might need the bandwith).

Smile
just ideas! If this is possible I dont need utorrent ui anymore Tongue

I'm working on the first suggestion, meaning to add support for torrentz.com.

As for the second one you can use utorrent web ui controller to do all the functions except the label renaming, which i think there is no way to implement it.
If i have time i will try to include utorrent web ui controller in my plugin but there are some inconvenients. First of all it is not my plugin and i don't know if i'm allowed to integrate it, but i think it's free code. And secondly i don't know if i have sufficent python knowlegde to run another plugin from my plugin.
@zilexa: i've already implemented torrentz support
as for the second suggestion i will look into it.
Whua you seriously implemented Torrentz.com support!?
more then I expected Tongue

Somehow the webui plugin didn't work... I tried it a while ago. Might have done something wrong.

I did a clean XBMC install yesterday. With latest DSPlayer version wich uses latest XBMC trunk, support for Plugins/Scripts is gone so I can't use your plugin for the moment. But my videos play perfectly now so I do not want to downgrade.
As soon as plugins/scripts are working again I'll check your plugin out
I cannot wait!

Quote:Added support for torrentz.com.--> This custom search is even better than the site because my plugin adds all existing trackers to the torrent <---.

Are you kidding? What does this mean exactly? (I have an idea but I cannot believe it yet).
zilexa Wrote:Are you kidding? What does this mean exactly? (I have an idea but I cannot believe it yet).

It uses all the trackers available on torrentz for the specific torrent you are downloading. If you noticed on every torrent page there is a utorrent compatible list. Which i also send to utorrent.

Suggestion: you can use xbmc 9.11 portable as well as your clean install. I always use portable xbmc and it works like a charm.
Yup since I started using XBMC a few months ago I install as portable Smile
Thanks!

BTW I think A LOT of people will like your plugin!
zilexa Wrote:Yup since I started using XBMC a few months ago I install as portable Smile
Thanks!

BTW I think A LOT of people will like your plugin!

Wait till i'll integrate my custom utorrent monitor.
Write now i'm working on implementing the custom selection of each file inside the torrent.
Your plugin/this topic needs some attention from Windows users!

I hope all these options don't make it a heavy plugin for people with light cpu/mem.
wow...just....wow. i am now completely sold on xbmc. this totally seals the deal for me.

one more thing. in the new 2.1 beta build of utorrent it actually allows you to stream the content while you're downloading it. you do this simply by clicking a little arrow in the uttorent window in the specific torrent row. would it be possible to use this program to click that button? and if so, would it be possible to 'open file' as well? this would be absolutely too good to be true.
uTorrent 2.1 is still being developed and currently too unstable if you ask me...

Although the streaming option could be nice in theory, in the real world it might only work for those torrents with very good seeds.

All I need in uTorrent 2.0x is the option to manage RSS feeds and manage your RSS downloader. This should be (partially?) possible in the utorrent 2.1 webui api but not in 2.0x Sad
If that was completely possible, I would never need the uTorrent interface anymore! Could do anything via XBMC.

EDIT: although I am a big fan of your plugin, I still never used it hahaha. I am on Windows, need the latest build of XBMC DSplayer for good movie playback. Unfortunately plugins/scripts are still broken in this bleeding edge version.
Utorrent 2.1 is still beta. I used betas of utorrent before and some of them give nasty bugs. So in order to code the streaming function i must install utorrent 2.1 on my computer, and have documentation of the new webui. I did a quick search this morning on the utorrent forums and didn't find the documentation.

But all this reasoning is useless. I only have 2 downloaders loooooooool Big Grin. On top of that one of them never used it lol. So i'm thinking to stop further development of the plugin.
i understand. i will ask, however, that you add support for labeling your torrents on the fly. i use labels to separate my downloads by folder, and it would be great if i could use your plugin to edit which label is applied to each torrent. i use one for tvshows, one for movies, and then i have a few other non-scraped folders.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] The Pirate Bay Scraper Plugin0